Mr. Tire / Bait and switch for tires and service

1 Pasadena, MD, United States

I made my appointment for 4 tires (BFG gFroce Comp 2 A/S), Brakes, Tune-up, and Oil Change for a Sunday morning at 10AM. It was very convenient for me. Then I go an email confirming my appointment. So I assumed everything was fine. How wrong I was. I have not had great luck with Mr. Tire in the past so I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. I went in and looked over my receipt. Just giving it a quick glance, I noticed that my name and phone number were wrong on the service ticket. No big deal. Other than the fella at the front counter said that someone had tried to call me three times the previous day. That concerned me. I told them to just take the car around and get started. I don't have a lot of time to spend waiting around, and after all, I got my confirmation email for the appointment, so if anything had been wrong, surely it would have been mentioned in the email. I watched as two other 10AM appointments also had problems with names and phone numbers on their service tickets. As I was waiting, I decided to look at the service ticket a bit more, and I noticed that the tires that were on the service ticket were NOT the tires I had ordered in my appointment. No one had said ANYTHING about that at this point. I asked the fella at the front desk, and he informed me that I was correct. They were the wrong tire. In fact, the were the wrong speed rating. Not even in the same class of tire that I ordered. SO I told him to get my car off of the lift and put it back together. I was leaving. The lead mechanic, a very nice gentleman, asked me to talk to his manager over the phone. His manager "Rob" tried to convince me that it was all alright and everything is fine and on and on... I don't know what kind of crap they are trying to pull there, but I would recommend that people stay away from this Mr. Tire. They will lie, cajole, and even attempt to bully their customers into accepting THEIR mistakes. I could (should) have just gone to pep boys over in Glen Burnie. These people are crooks, dangerous, careless, and can't be bothered to even try to do the right thing. The manager Rob may possibly be the biggest jerk of them all. I can see why there are problems here. Hopefully their regional manager Tom Fry can figure out how to make this place right, or just close it down. I will update this after I speak to him.

Be