Mr. Rooter DFW / WAY OVER-PRICED!

1 Western CenterFort Worth, TX, United States

I was out of town when my wife called and told me that our water heater had leaked out all over the floor in the garage. The house is approx. 15yrs old so I figured the water heater needed to be replaced. I told her to turn off the main water supply and then the breaker for the HWH and then call around for estimates while I checked online home depot for HWH prices.

I guess she chose the biggest add in the phone book and that was a mistake. They came the next day and gave her an estimate of $1800 to replace a 40gal. GE gas water heater that costs about $300 bucks.

Apparently they would need to charge some standard astronomical hourly rate for labor, plus the cost of the HWH, plus a disposal fee for the old HWH (even though they would make money on the recycled copper), plus a city permit fee that I have never heard of in my life.

If I was there I could have taken care of it that night but a friend of mine called a plumber he knew in Ft. Worth who said he could swap out a water heater in 30 minutes for $200 bucks with NO fee, and no extra charges.

My friend's plumber did EXACTLY what he said. My wife had a new HWH sitting there waiting for him when he showed up and he swapped the old HWH out in less than 30 minutes, took the old one away and only charged us $200 bucks.

It cost us less than 1/3rd of the price to have a different plumber do the same work that Mr. Overcharge Rooter wanted to squeeze my unsuspecting wife for.

they should be ashamed that they take advantage of women like that who don't know any better...

Pe