Complaints & Reviews

Failure to Dispatch

Called early in the morning due to a clogged main drain and was told they would call me when a truck was available. At 12:42 they called and said a Truck would be out within the hour. Since I wasn't at home, I dropped what I was doing and headed home to meet them.

At 2:15 I called to see where they were or when they would be at my home. Was told there was no truck dispatched and it might be tomorrow before they could get to me. The guy said some other dispatcher may have called as there were 12 dispatch offices all using the same phone number.

When I asked why I was called and told someone would be out, he said he had no idea but that there was no dispatch to me. I suggested that they need a NEW COMPUTER system if they couldn't keep any better track of the trucks and customers than what they are saying. After wasting nearly an entire day, I called another company which is known for actually showing up! They did! Price was even less than what Mr Rooter charges even with the coupons etc. Bad customer service and bad business when you can't even keep track of your phone calls to customers!

• Av
    a very confused senior Sep 29, 2012

Mr.rooter does not know how to schedule- I called a 9Am to have a line opened- they will be there "between 12-2 pm-- didnt arrive until 3.15- opened the line found the clog- ha to come back later to "open the clog- "- dod not come back until 9PM- I was ready for bed- didnt leave the house until 11.15 PM- because the "equipment wasnt available until then"- claim that my pipe has a crack with roots inside and it will cost almost $4000 to fix it-

Can I ue the system as it is ?? "maybe, maybe not"- was the answer I got - I am now afraid to even use the system for further clogs- Came back Monday to camera the system- showed me pipe- dont know whay Im looking at- that was additional$900.-- so $1700.00 later I have a system that I still dont know about-

Unethical Practices/Terrible Customer Service

My hot water heater went bad and I called this Mr. Rooter. The tech gave me the price for a new hot water heater and said that I also had to have an expansion tank installed because it was a government code and required. It was an extra $220. I questioned him specifically and he said that it wasn't an option for me- he HAD to install the expansion tank to be in compliance- so I trusted him and agreed for him to install everything. The next day I spoke to a realtor friend who sold the townhouse two doors down. She said that all they put in is a hot water heater- not an expansion tank. I was confused, because I was told it was a government code. I called two competitors of Mr. Rooter who both told me that expansion tanks are recommended, but not mandated. I was so upset. I called Mr. Rooter to speak to a manager (the day after all this happened). All in all, I must have left at least 8 messages over the course of two weeks before I got a return call from a manager who said that he didn't know whether it was a mandate or not- and how should he know? I said- if your people are saying that it is, and you are their boss, shouldn't you be up on that? I said I wanted everything removed and he said no, they would just take out the expansion tank. I said I wanted it all out and he said no. I got in touch with their corporate office in TX who said the local owner would contact me and work this out. He called me once, I called him back once...we each got voicemails. I called him again the next day and he answered and said he was at his child's pediatrician and that he would call back. He didn't. I left three more messages, no return call. I filed it with the Pittsburgh BBB who sent a letter and got no response, so they forwarded the complaint to the Texas BBB. Their reply was a letter that had a diagram of an expansion tank and what it was used for...they refuse to get that I WAS LIED TO IN ORDER TO INCREASE THE SALE! That is unacceptable! Give me a choice- don't tell me that I have no choice, when in fact I did! Consumer Beware when you deal with this company. They lie, they don't return calls after the sale and they do not resolve disputes or complaints in a fair manner.

• Ji
    jimmiebucci Feb 14, 2011

Total lies mr Rooter is an upstanding company and any plumber knows there should be an expanison tank installed in fact it code according to international Plumbing code expecially if you have a check valve on your water system. You should check IPC 2009 section 607.3 and read before bashing a company. Also wouldn't recommend plumbing advice from a realtor. 10 people doing something wrong Dosnt make it right.I put your heater in and the expansion tank. If you look to the left of your meter you will see your check valve. If you and you realtor and realtors plumber were to check section 607.3.2 you will see international plumbing code has a section just for your scenerio.

Mad in PGH Feb 14, 2011

isn't it amazing that i am finally hearing back from someone at mr. rooter, even though it is six months later? The point is, I was told it was mandatory and it isn't. It is not code in my county and I called your competitors, not a realtor who told me such. If anyone from your upstanding company made an effort to try to resolve the issue instead of ignoring me- the customer- after I made at least a dozen phone calls to you, your home office in Texas and your owner, it wouldn't have come to this.

• Ji
    jimmiebucci Feb 15, 2011

Man as I previously stated it is code. It is code in your county. You have been misinformed by other individuals. International code is just what it says...international. washington co. Does not fall under its own special area of non exhistance. If you choose not to beleive me that's your choice. I have provided you with exact reference to the code that does apply to your county as well as every other in the country. As I said 10 people that do something wrong does not mean its correct. You should possably consider spending 100 and buyingyourself a IPC code book. As far as taking 6 months...I stumbled upon this site and upon reading your complaint thought it only fair to my company to show that we were correct and only following what we are trained to do in plumbing school and abide by rules and set regulations.

Mad in PGH Feb 15, 2011

I have a better idea..why don't YOU invest in the code book and give it to your supervisor. He had absolutely no idea what the codes were..in fact, his exact words were "how would I know what the code is?" It would be better to educate your own people that do this every day.
    Perhaps a customer service handbook would be in order too.

unsafe and overpriced

charged$ 218 to snake 1 drain then said $190 more to snake the main [should have been in original quote] when I refused he left the expansion plug off the cleanout leaving a dangerous situation for my tenants with possible contact with raw sewage.When i went to snake the drain myself " someone" had dropped a 4" expansion plug into the open hole causing severe blockage and a extra hassle to remove.

Poor Quality Work

Mr. Rooter plumbing in Cincinnati replaced the entire underground pipe in our house. They finally showed up after a day despite committing the work an hour form the call, and the entire team including the leader could not figure out how to take the leaking pipe out ! I had to make a recommendation. And finally when they completed the work, the joint (basement wall) gave in after few weeks and our basement was flooded. When I called the company to come over and see what a poor job they did at the joint, they would not return my call. Finally when I was able to contact the front desk (beverly), she said she could not do anything and would have to consult with the owner. And you guessed it right - they never called back. I sent a written letter with Cc to Better Business but still no call. I am now working with my legal team to file a law suit.

• Mr. Rooter Cincinnati has been under new ownership since 2012. It is unfortunate that this customer had such a bad experience with the previous franchise owners. All I can say is that we run the company now, and would do our best to take care of our customers. I wish you could post dates on the complaints, and for all to see that we haven't had a complaint like this since we took over.

Excessive charges; poor customer service

My mother (aged 94; I am a 58-year-old female) called the Mr. Rooter plumbing company to fix a clogged pipe. The technician installed two traps and a new 8’ piece of PVC pipe (which was, according to another plumber, unnecessary); the entire job took 4.5 hours. The technician had my mother sign paperwork (when she was without her glasses) stating that she would pay a $2700 bill and that--if she failed to pay the bill--she would pay for the company's lawyer fees.

When I learned what had happened, I called the Mr. Rooter office in Cranberry Township, PA, asked to speak to a supervisor, was told that he would call back as soon as possible. I received no reply until the company discovered that, due to a clerical error, my credit card could not be charged. He then called immediately and, when I asked about the seemingly excessive charges, he--repeatedly, over my questions--yelled "How are you going to pay for this: credit card, check or cash?!" He ended the conversation by saying, "I'm sending the bill to a collection agency and putting a lien on your house!", and slammed down the receiver.

I called the company multiple times over the subsequent three business days to discuss the bill with the estimating supervisor and pay it. He never returned my calls. The unfair charges and the lack of civil customer service were surprising and upsetting. Indeed, I wanted simply to conclude the unpleasant transaction and, on the fourth day, I requested to speak to the billing office and paid the bill in full. However, more than one week after I paid the bill, a case was filed by Mr. Rooter with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania against my mother stating she had not paid the bill. When I re-contacted Mr. Rooter, they did confess that the filing was their error, and they paid the court fee. I was naturally grateful for this, but am still upset by the charges, the impoliteness and the stress it caused my mother. I do not recommend this company.

Mr. Rooter Corporation Aug 24, 2010

Your business is important to us, and we are sorry to hear of your recent experience. We want to make sure all of our customers have a good experience with our company. Please contact our customer service manager if you would like to speak directly with someone at our corporate office. We would be happy to assist you. Our number is (254) 745-2436 or (800) 583-8003. Sincerely, Mr. Rooter Corporation

• Wa
    Watch Out Scam-MR. ROOTER Aug 30, 2010

I would not waste my time calling the corporate office. All they will do is send your complaint to the local franchise to address the issue and if the corporate office gets a response then great if not o well. Mr. Rooter Corporate office does not really care about the customers once you have signed that invoice saying you agree to everything and they have your money. The corporate office "backs" the local franchise owner not the customers. Yes the customers are what pay the franchisee royalties, so they will get every penny they can out of you. It will start a small job then turn into a big "MONEY" job. So contacting the corporate office is a real waste of time. You will need to contact your local BBB, state plumbing licensing or some one higher above the corporate office in order to get satisfaction with your issue. The corporate office will tell you that the company you are complaining about is independently owned and the decision on how to address your issue is up to the franchise local owner. They really do not care how their customers are treated. The best thing to do is to call in another plumbing company to fix whatever Mr. Rooter messed up or did not finish.

Ignoring Residential Customer

People removing mold from my basement accidentally cut a water line in one of the walls. They had to shut off the water to the house. This was about 2:00pm. I called Mr. Rooter at around 2:00pm. I told them the water to my entire house was turned off, which they wrote down on the work order. They told me someone would be here by 3:30pm. 3:30pm came and went, and no Mr. Rooter. At 3:50pm I called Mr. Rooter. The girl who answered my call was very perky and told me that an emergency with one of their Commercial Customers outside of Mankato had come up and no one was available to work on my house. She said she was just going to call me (yeah, I'll bet!). She said she would check and that I would get a call back. A few minutes later I did get a call back. The girl on the other end of the line said no one would be able to get out to my house, today. I reminded her that I have no water in my house, and she said that yes, that was on the work order. She said she could reschedule me for tomorrow! WTF?!?!?

1. If you can't make it, you don't wait until a half hour after the appointment time to call the customer and tell them you can't make it!

2. I get bumped for a Commercial Customer because I'm ONLY a single home residence?!?!? I HAD THE APPOINTMENT FIRST! Commercial Customer or not, I should not get bumped!

3. I have no water in my house. THAT'S AN EMERGENCY! How can anyone have the GALL to try to reschedule me for tomorrow WHEN I HAVE NO WATER IN MY HOUSE?!?!? I hope that girl can sleep well, tonight.

Sara with Mr. Rooter Jul 02, 2010

We’d like to clarify that while you had the appointment first, we unfortunately needed to postpone your job because an Advantage Plan customer called us with an emergency. Part of the extra service our Advantage Plan customers receive is priority scheduling (as well as preferential pricing and specials). The fact that they were a commercial customer had nothing to do with the change but rather that they were experiencing a plumbing emergency and were an Advantage Plan customer. Rest assured, we wanted to send a technician out to your home as soon as possible, but unfortunately we didn’t have any available. Please call us if you would like to discuss this further. We are so sorry for your trouble.

Damage

Mr. Rooter came to my house to repair my main drain. While they were here they ruined my kitchen floor...

Commissions result in Rape

I contacted Mr Rooter DFW initially on Saturday, June 19th because a leak coming from my attic was discovered...

they damaged my sewer line

MR. ROOTER BLEW A HOLE IN MY SEWER LINE WITH THEIR HYDROSCRUB AND TOLD ME IT WAS ALREADY THERE AND HAD TO BE REPAIRED!!! They have cost me $634.00 for hydroscrubing my line and $350.00 to get the hole they made fixed. They said they would refund the $634., that hasn't happened and will not return my calls to pay for the damaged line I had to have repaired. WOULD YOU LET MR. ROOTER FIX YOUR SEWER LINE UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES??? The did tell me if I did their perma-line for 6K+ that would fix the problem during their high pressure sales pitch. I tried to attach a photo and it was greater than 2MB so this program wouldn't take it.

Bad plumbing

We had a water backflow in the toilet. We tried the hand snake but didn't work so we call the insurance but they can't send somebody so they authorized to call outside service & I found Mr. Rooter Plumbing.The plumber Gabriel came & assesed the situation.He told the us that he will try again the hand auger but still did not work & charged us $270.53.He then told us that there's nothing he can do bec. if he will remove the toilet tank there will be an overflow inside the house & we can't use the toilet & have to limit the use of H20 .he needed a clean out access to properly clean the pipe & solve our problem.The clean out installation only will cost us $900-1500.We call another plumber Drain Dx & told us if he can't remove the clog we don't have to pay & he remove the toilet tank & was able to remove the clog & that's $450.I call Mr. Rooter several times for an explanation why other plumber can do what their man said was hard & will cause more problem, but nobody bothered.I want a refund from them bec. my insurance won't cover for the $450 that i paid.

Master plumber1 Jun 15, 2010

You still need a full sized cleanout like Mr. Rooter told you so they can get a full sized cleaning tool down the line. What Drain Dx did is like putting novacaine on a tumor. It will make you feel better for a little while, but you'll be in pain again shortly.

By the way-no insurance company pays for cleaning out sewers.

• St
    Steve62 Dec 29, 2010

As a mr. Rooter plumber myself, the toilet ager should have never been an option!!! This will only scratch toilet and then how do you know the problem is solved? We can't see thrue the toilet. A full size access or clean out is needed to get proper equipment into line. What caused the blockage? If it was roots or greese then the other plumber just poked a hole in ur problem!!! You will have another problem soon enouph!!! With proper access we could have cleared line as well as given complete video inspection to locate and solve problem!!! Fix it once fix it right fix it forever. There's the right way and then every other way!!!

• Da
    davehaiong Feb 20, 2012

NEVER USE FRANCHISE PLUMBING COMPANY just like MR. rooter. EVER AGAIN. They charge extremely too too much mone.
    It cost me to change a honeywell zone valve actuator $480.00; Last time mr. rooter charge $480.00 to change toilet tank, and $1000.00 to change boiler pump taco 0011 model.

Mr. Rooter

I would like to thank the Complaints Board for being instrumental in resolving my plumbing problem. My concerns and problems were heard. I was contacted by John, the owner of Mr. Rooter and we have settled my dispute regarding the services and work ethics of his technicians. John said that they value their clients and reputation so he took care of my complaint. Thanks too to Liz of the Contractors’ Board. We hope and pray that we will be able to enjoy our new sewer pipe for a lifetime.

• Ni
    Nick Jun 30, 2010

Mr. Rooter came out to fix my main drain. the first time they came out it was 300.00 to snake it. The second time they charged 200.00 for a camera and the third cost 1400.00 to fix the problem. They have yet to tell me what the problem was. The dug a hole and left my yard dug up when they left. The ruined my kitchen floor and dented my washing machine. I have called them 7 times at the local branch leaving a message for Chris each time. He has yet to call me back. When i ask the dispatcher for someone else she states there is noone else. I called the corporate office and left 5 messages. Carrie called me back and left a message on my machine once but when i call her back i go straight to her voicemail. They charged a total of 1900.00 and caused 1500.00 in damages and refuse to talk to me about it.

• St
    Steve62 Dec 29, 2010

Are you sure it was Mr. Rooter you used and not one of the other many rooter companys out there? The reason why I asked is because that does not sound like The Mr Rooter way of doing things!! We have up front pricing and when more wrk is needed to solve the problem we need your singnature giving autho to do so!!! We always where shoe covers inside and clean up after wrk is done!!! If you did not recieve this type of service then you have every right to be mad!!!

scheduling/extended service plan

I wish I would have found this site sooner- we were so ripped off by Mr. Rooter. we paid extra for an...

Taken for a ride

This letter is to complain about services we recently received from Mr. Rooter M-37182. Currently, we are at our end both financially and emotionally.
Our problem began the weekend of January 30th after our washing machine flooded the kitchen sink and noted buckling to the laminate flooring in the doorway of the hall bathroom. We removed the toilet and the linoleum flooring thinking that the wax ring had deteriorated causing the leak. The next day, with no toilet in place there was water on the slab floor. On Monday, February 1st we contacted Mr. Rooter for help.
Mr. Rooter’s technician, Nick, was very prompt and pleasant coming out the same day. Upon inspection of the problem, he stated that it was against OSHA regulations to auger pipes from the roof and stated that we required an additional clean-out placed in the front of our house. He further stated this would be difficult due to the hard rock, involving an additional digging crew and expense. We trusted the technician and paid $905.62 thinking this was the end of our issue.
The second day of work we were shocked to learn the sewer line from the house to the street was infested with tree roots, collapsed and needed to be replaced. The technician stated that an ultrasonic device was required to locate the pipe, and back hoe to dig a trench, thus increasing the repair cost to an additional $2814.38. The leaking to the hall bath was due to the master shower. He stated that the drain was not attached to the pipe within the concrete slab causing leaking through the concrete into the other bathroom and hallway. Due to the demolition of the shower tile and concrete, the shower drain repair would cost an additional $1000. Again, we trusted the technician, paying the total amount of $3814.38.
The first evening following the extensive repair, the laundry room flooded yet again. Apparently the problem was not fixed. We received another estimate from Mr. Rooter. This visit entailed the repair and replacement of a pipe within the concrete slab of our only functioning bathroom that “might” be the culprit for an additional $1018.44. This bathroom is not remotely close to the laundry room. After almost $5000, not including the damage to our home, no solution has been provided and we feel like we are living in a “Money Pit”. Every time we contact Mr. Rooter we are given an extensive estimate with no warranty or definite fix to our problem.
At this point, tired of paying for guesses, we called Mr. Rooter on February 26th. The issue was explained in great detail and we were assured a prompt return phone call from the owner. We waited for a response over the weekend, after no response, we called and left another message on March 2nd. With no acknowledgement, we were forced to contact another plumber, Hernandez Plumbing on March 4th. Mr. Hernandez came out and inspected and discussed my dilemma. To our surprise, it is not against OSHA regulations to auger pipes from the roof. They had no problem opening the pipes, costing an additional $125 which we paid in full, a mere drop in the bucket.
We thought we were on the road to repair, angry that we were taken advantage and misled by Mr. Rooter. If the main sewer line was collapsed, would we have back flow in all drains and toilets? This did not happen. Would they not go through the pipes to make sure they were open before they finished the job? This did not happen. Obviously, we had a complaint and concern regarding the work completed. Does Customer Service end once the bill is paid? Do they not warranty their work?
During the replacement of the shower tile, it was found the previously repaired drain was not level, placed too deep and not centered. In order to proceed with the tile work and have a functioning shower, Brian Tindall removed all the tile and concrete down to the subfloor for Hernandez Plumbing to redo the work done by Mr. Rooter. We have a statement from Mr. Hernandez, copy of Mr. Tindall’s invoice for shower demolition and repair, and photos of the shower drain showing a complete bubble off from level. The estimate from Hernandez Plumbing for the shower drain was $150; the floor demolition was included in the repair total of $962.50. Why do we need to pay for the same work twice?
The washer again flooded the garage on March 22nd, and we contacted Hernandez Plumbing again to come out. After paying $150.12 for a camera review, it was found that there is a busted pipe under the sink in the kitchen needing to be repaired and replaced. This work has tentatively scheduled for this week, estimating an additional $1000. Hopefully there is an end in sight.
We expected a much higher level of service from Mr. Rooter, and are quite disappointed. Mr. Rooter gives the impression that they are honest, trustworthy, reliable and professional. I have enclosed a copy of their yellow page ad, which is a joke. It is not our obligation to pay for their guesswork. It is repulsive to think that people trust and contact them for help and only taken for a financial and emotional ride. Not only have we paid them for unneeded repairs, we have had to pay for another plumber to complete the work, spent many hours off of work, and are beginning to put our home back in order. After no response from Mr. Rooter to discuss and rectify this matter, we have been left us with no options. We are requesting Chase Visa to stop any payment or provide a full refund of all services by Mr. Rooter, for the total sum of $4720.00. They should not be allowed to continue business in this matter.
Please advise what other channels or options are available for customers. We have filed a complaint with Mr. Rooter, Chase Visa, Texas Plumbers Association and Better Business Bureau. We would appreciate any guidance you may offer. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Bad service

Mr. Rooter refused to provide an idea of pricing to come out to my house, "we don't provide pricing over the phone".

When I rec'd the bill it was $300 to snake a drain -- they were at the house for less than an hour. I called and asked for an explanation of the bill and was told my card would not be charged until I heard back from a Manager. My card was charged before I rec'd a call from the Manager. When I called to ask for an explanation, I was again given the run around. I will be disputing the charge on my credit card.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Corporate Feb 05, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent trouble. Your business is important to us and we want to ensure each and every customer experience with our company is a good one. If you would like to speak directly with us, you are most welcome to call our customer service manager at (254) 745-2436 who will be happy to assist you. Sincerely, Mr. Rooter Corporation

• If you have any future problems with your drain problems please call sewer and drain of America. Work is 100 percent guaranteed.or money back.

Bait-&-Switch Coupon Scam

On Sunday 1/31/10 we contacted Mr. Rooter regarding a main line blockage due to roots that needed to be...

Frozen Pipes On a Mobile Home

On January 4th I came home to a complete freeze up of my sewage drain system.After waiting all day long, a...

Unethical Business Practices & Shady Employees

I called Mr Rooter when the main waste line of my home became clogged. The clean out is in my backyard and...

Highway Robbery Yikes!

On May 15th I called upon Mr. Rooter out of the local phone book. The problem was I could'nt take a shower run a faucet anything without water leaking all out from the garage onto the carpet. The tech shows up spending about 15 minutes tracking in and out and comes up with and estimate for 437.43 to cable through drain line with some cheap looking drain cleaner with Mr Rooter all over it, oh yeah and he also wanted to camera down the line for some reason or another. Of course I did what any normal person would do and told him to "GET THE HECK OUT OF MY HOUSE!!" After that I walked straight over to George my nieghbor's house and got a phone number of his local plumber, he showed up got straight to work and 35 minutes later he was done cost me 65 dollars, I didn't but no more had the check made out then the phone rang said "MR ROOTER" is was Allison from the company said that the tech that was their previously forgot to collect 67.59 for the estimate that was done. My advice stay far away from Mr Rooter the tech was less skilled than my local tech and they simply want to much money beware!! James Oklahoma

• Sc
    ScammedByMrRooter Nov 05, 2012

Impersonal Auto Response!!! A scam report and two blogs have been created to reveal what it is really like to deal with them from the ground up. At this point, they have not proven to behave any differently than reported!

• La
    Larry Boger Jan 16, 2016

I was just watching the "Under Cover Boss" so on TV where I learned that the Dwyer Corp. Inc. was th actual owner of M Rooter, had I seen the program way back when, I would have searched tem then and NEER used Mr. Rooter of Mid-Mi, for my proble.
    I live in a manufactured home and when they set the homes they connect the water discharge/drain pipes together they do it with a rubber sleeve that are clamped at both ends. A couple years back the connection to our kitchen sink came apart under the house and all of the drain water, to include the discharge from the garbage disposal ended up spread across the monolithic slab about 1/4" deep, it did smell from the disposal dscharge.
    We called Mr. Rooter from the phone book, the Tech showed up the next day, took one look under the house and stated that there was nothing he could do until the water was pumped out and the slab dried, now consider that the water was approximately 1/4" deep, the open pipe was approximately 4 feet and visable from the access port. He had us sign a work order and advised that this Service Call Charge would be deducted from the final cost when he returned to fix the pipe. He then suggested a clean up company to dry the slab.
    Drying the slab took a week, where we could not use the kitchen sink at alland had to do a Kramer and wash the dishes in the shower and tub.
    Mr. Rooter of Mid-Mi from Hersey returned, the Tech slid under the house, took about three minutes to conect the pipe and reclamp it with the clamp that was there, climbed back out, had us sign the work order that the wok had been done the handed us a bill for over $700.00. When I questioed it he showed that they have a code system for different types of jobs and he has to charge the way the code says regardless of the amout of time it took. I called the company to complain and ended up just hanging up on the Customer Service person as his only explaination was the was the way they did business.

WILL NEVER USE TEM AGAIN!!!
    [email protected]

Poor Customer Service - NO communication!

Oct 20, 2008 my sewer line was infiltrated with about 6 ft of roots from my tree (now mind you, I bought my house in Oct '06.) I paid $9100 to have MR. ROOTER (pieces of Sh%#) come out, put approx 30 ft of liner in, and they "fixed it" with a warranty. (Long story short...)
Oct 20, 2009... "Happy 1 Year Anniversary!" Guess what... Roots are back @ 20 ft, sewer needs to be re-lined again. They came out, told me it was under warranty (duh), and said someone would get back to me Friday... that was 2 days ago. I just called again and left a message for Scott the mgr to contact me. The last time I called, Wed, I was told that someone would contact me soon. What the hell is "soon" to them? I'm trying to be patient, however it's wearing thin. [protected], feel free to call them.) And they also told me taking out the tree wouldn't have made a diff.
CURRENT:
This is a now "warranty fix." It began on October 19, [protected]@ about 7:30pm... still not fixed. I finally got a call from Scot and spoke w/ him in Vegas on this past Friday and has was very rude and curt. This was all AFTER calling Anthony, in Los Angeles (above Scott.) I had asked Scott, since I have had to take time out of MY day, MY family and My work to make all these calls and to get someone to contact... can someone compensate me, after all, it's been going on for a year (off n' on...) & $9100 (paid October 2008.)
* Scott's reply was: "I'm NOT going to pay YOU to fix YOUR problem."
What a great representative of the company... NOT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel free to write and express your feelings! I have. =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"cory.[protected]@mrrootertucson.com" <cory.[protected]@mrrootertucson.com>; "John.[protected]@mrmooterla.com" <John.[protected]@mrmooterla.com> (Current Owner at Mr Rooter)

• Or
    Orvill Dec 04, 2009

I called Mr. Rooter to repair my leaking toilet. The cost for a visit was $63, and that would be deducted from the repair bill. The plumber arrived and said there is a $241 charge to lift the toilet. I agreed to the charge because there is no other way to repair the leak! I needed a new flange and wax ring, the repair qoute was $1, 414! It was late and the work could resume in the morning. The next morning I went on line and found out that the parts cost less than $20, and the average flange repair costs $300 - $400! I called a plumbing company and was quoted $350! I canceled Mr Rooter, but I was stuck with a $241 bill! Take my advise, call anybody but Mr. Rooter!

Caveat Emptor

My sewer line was blocked. I called Mr. Rooter because I saw them in town all the time, always on the move. They came over, went to my basement and ran a fiber-optic camera into my system. Then they ran a rooter and pulled out a bunch of tree roots. They told me they'd need about an hour to clean the pipes out, and it would cost me about $75. I agreed to it, and went upstairs to do some miscellaneous cleaning. When I finished with the cleaning, I realized they were still working (it had been nearly three hours. They told me that they had completely cleared the pipes, showed be a pile of muddy tree roots, and told me I'd be good for another 5-7 years before the roots grew back. I asked if they had a way to stop the root growth, and they said that the only way to do it would be to tear down the tree (oak, about 120 years old). They gave me the bill ($325!) and told me I had 15 days to pay it.

4 months later, the pipes became blocked again. I called another service--this time one that my parents recommended--and they told me that the blockage was throughout the pipes, all the way to the street, and that I would have to pay five or six-hundred dollars to clear it, then approximately $50/month to keep it cleared. They then recommended I replace the tile (the pipe to the street) because they had found some broken pieces while looking at it. My father, my brother, a friend & I decided to re-root the pipe ourselves and then find the broken spot (it was between the sidewalk and the street). We dug it up, and found that the pipes between the house and the street didn't seal. One pipe was of a larger diameter than the other, and they were just set together. Two weeks and about $50 later the problem was solved.

I made several complaints to the Mr. Rooter company for their falsification of information, overcharging, and outright fraud, but I couldn't reach anyone in person or by phone; and I decided to swallow the loss and tell everyone I knew about the company.

Always remember: Caveat Emptor (Let the Buyer Beware! [latin])

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices