Mor Furniture / Deceptive Return Policy

1 Tigard, OR, United States

BUYERS BEWARE!! We recently purchased a table from the local MOR Furniture store in Tigard Oregon. What was showed up in the box was nothing like the table on the showroom. The color was different and there was a noticeable difference in the quality! MOR refused to follow their "our goal is satisfied customers" and the they were downright a-holes.
During our discussion with the salesperson "JR" he never once mentioned that purchases could not be returned, only that if we were dissatisfied (i.e. what he meant was defective) with our purchase we could return it within 7 days. The table was in stock at their local warehouse and had to be picked up. First thing that was that was suspect was that "JR" made us initial the receipt in like 7 places for a table that we were paying for with cash. He then gave us a map to the warehouse and put our receipts inside a nice yellow folder with their logo and with nice big writing about how their goal is satisfied customers blah blah, circled the important points, but somehow failed to point out the fine print on the inside stating "all sales final".
When I picked up the table it took 30 minutes of waiting, I was asked to show ID, and for some reason they had to make a photocopy of my drivers license before I would be allowed to take it. I also had to sign yet another form that seemed like it was a standard kind delivery acknowledgement, but on closer inspection there's a number of small print disclaimers about how once you pick up your item there's no returns etc. After we got the table home and assembled we realized very quickly that it wasn't the item that we thought we were buying. We called "JR" at the number he circled and got a call center. We explained the situation and were informed that there would be no returns, and the customer service person then connected us to "JR" at the store and the guy was a total ###. Said no returns and then pointed out where all the fine print was in the documentation.
I have bought furniture many many times over my lifetime from a lot of different places, I have not had to return many items ever because you usually get what you pay for, this is not the case with MOR. Honestly I have never seen such a deceptive way to do business, and the fact that all their forms, even the nice little folder they put your receipts into for you has all this pre-printed disclaimers speak volumns to what to expect and is a warning sign to all. Do not buy furniture from MOR it's a total bait and switch. I plan on filing my complaint with the better business Bureau immediately. Buyers beware!