Mor Furniture / Bad service

I recently bought a leather sectional from Mor Furniture about a week after I got it the recliners broke so they brought out another one and the recliners broke on it.

They had me pick out another stlye which we chose a cloth sectional with a chaise a week after we got it the chaise springs broke they sent out a tech and he worked on it a few days after it did the samething.

I bought a unconditional 5 year warranty when I called back again they refused to fix it and offered me my money back I agreed.

The catch they had to pick up the furniture first and I could go to the store and get a refund they picked it up but now they say they have to go through their corporate office so now I have no living room furniture and am at there mercy.

Um

Comments

• Gu
      10th of May, 2009

Mor Furniture is the worst furniture company out there. THey scam you into going into some credit financing called TRS and in the end you'll end up paying triple the price of the original product. First they tell you its a one yr. plan and then all of a sudden 6 mo. after I've been paying monthly...they tell me it's actually a 2 yr. plan. I am not going to pay monthly for a bed and frame anymore...I was paying $110.o0 per mo. After 2yrs...that bed and frame would've cost out to be $2, 400. That doesn't sound like a price an average middle class american can afford to pay. Plus the frame was horrible...after only 1mo. of using the bed for just myself, the wood panels supporting the bed underneath started cracking. The wood itself was weak and poorly made. In the end, I canceled my contract with TRS...had to return my furniture and was not allowed to get any refund. I had nothing...even after paying out already $600. I hate Mor Furniture!!! Ohh yeah...and the customer service at the TRS financing(mor furniture's own financing agency) sucks too. The girl I had to deal with, Nina, was inconsiderate, liar, and worst customer service agent I've ever encountered!

• Kr
      26th of May, 2009

At least they offered you your money back. I bought a sofa package and HATE the fabric. When I called them they said they have no return policy and I'm stuck with furniture I HATE! I even asked if I could exchange it, but no such luck. All the representative told me was that there was a service warranty. Doesn't help me any. I will never shop there again and will even talk people out of going there if at all possible. I can't stand this store!!!

• Be
      7th of Jan, 2011

I would never use Mor furniture again, and I highly advise against purchasing from Mor. NO RETURNS/Exchanges - no business from the consumer.

• To
      3rd of May, 2011

I was planning to purchase a wall unit for my TV setup and when I saw their ad yesterday morning, I decided to check them out. When I asked about the advertised "No Sales Tax" and "Free Delivery" promised in the ad, I was told that it only applied to purchases over $999 (mine was $400). When I said that the exclusion was not mentioned in the ad, the salesman said that I neglected to read the fine print. To my mind this is very misleading. I haven't seen the ad since so I can't say whether the disclaimer is there or not - but I can say that it is not easily seen.