Monroe Muffler / I did not get the service I required yet I paid so much money for the work

Yesterday I went to change my oil at the New Britain location. I was told by the manager Mark that I had to use the highest grade oil in my car because my car was and Audi. The oil change cost me a total of $96 and that was with a discount. This oil change cost me more that it did at the actual Audi dealership. My car only have 78000 miles on it. After doing research I found out that I did not need to use that oil and I could have gotten the regular synthetic oil for $35 which is what I went in for. I have two cars that I was taking to them and I will not be using their service anymore or recommending them to anyone else. The last time I took my maxima there I spent over $1300 replacing the exhast system and everything else started going bad. I had to spend another $300 to fix somthing else and the car still was not working right. I took the car to another mechanic and the fixed my car and now its running perfect. I have already made up my mind to not go back to that francise but if I were to go back to any Monroe I would need some form of appology and discount to compensate for the uneccessary monies that I have spend with the company. They did not even rotate my tires because the said they could not get othe lugs off one of my tire. I did not get the service I required yet I paid so much money for the work.

Hi

Comments

• Bi
      27th of Sep, 2011
    Monroe Muffler - The elderly get ripped off again
    Monroe Muffler

My 89 year old mother took her car to Monroe Muffler of East Aurora for an inspection. The manager talked her into 1900.00 dollars worth of repairs, including a new battery for $154.00 because hers did not have the cranking power although no problems starting the car occurred. He stated to me she authorized all the repairs. True, but once again the elderly get ripped off again.

• Mi
      5th of Aug, 2014

I made an online appointment for an oil change at the Hermitage, Pa. Monroe muffler and when I showed up they said they weren't even online and if I wanted an appointment I should call them directly. I ended up wasting an entire morning and eventually got them to just drain and replace the oil and new filter without any other checks or tire checks. Of course I paid the full price.