Monro Muffler Brake & Service / Sloppy Workmanship

United States Review updated:

I recently took my Audi A3 to my local Monro service garage to have brake pads replaced. Upon inspection of my vehicle, the Monro manager indicated my CV boots were torn and needed to be replaced. This was confirmed earlier by my Audi service people. He also advised replacing front axles because they may have been compromised by the intrusion of dirt and pollutants. I confirmed this possibility while investigating on line. I paid to have all of this work performed in good faith.

Now the bad stuff...First I was told the wrong axle had been delivered by the supplier...had to do without our only car for 2 days and the weekend until they could complete work. When I picked up car, and drove home (3 miles) and took my wife to work next morning, I noticed a tapping and scraping sound from the front end. Immediately returned car to Monro to inspect problem. They indicated a bolt in the axle assembly had loosened and had been hitting the tranny case and punctured a hole through which transmission fluid had escaped, causing damage to the tranny. NOW MY CAR IS WITH MY AUDI DEALER LOOKING AT A TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT WHICH WILL TAKE A MONTH TO LOCATE AND INSTALL!! Because a careless technician did not pay attention to details.

Ed

Comments

• Do
      Oct 13, 2011

edumont: I'm sorry we didn't fix your vehicle right the first time. What a hassle. Did the store manager refer you to our corporate customer service department? If not, the toll-free telephone number is 1-800-876-6676 extension 3500. Or, you may email me at donald.[protected]@monro.com and I will forward your information - Don Ross, marketing department, Monro Muffler Brake & Service