McDonalds / 24 hr. drive thru?

1 Baseline and I-30Little Rock, AR, United States Review updated:

Often times after work, I'll go to the McDonalds located at Baseline Rd. and I-30 in Little Rock, Arkansas. However, the last time I went there... the Drive-Thru employee told me that they were unable to take orders for 30 minutes due to a "shift change." Having managed a restaurant in the past, I knew exactly what was going on. Without saying a word, I set the chronograph timer on my watch, and went about a block down the road to Waffle House for a "to go" order. Just so happens, my order from Waffle House took 30 minutes to cook and get out the door. So, in an attempt to call their bluff... I went back through the McDonalds drive-thru, and tried to place an order. Again, I was told by the person at the drive-thru that they were unable to prepare an order for me due to a "shift change..." and it would be 30 minutes. I responded, "Yeah, that's what you told me 30 minutes ago." Stay away from this McDonalds. The attitude of the employees is often reflected in the quality of the food at this location... when they'll serve it to you!

Comments

• Us
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I will say that as a manager of a 24 hour Mcdonald's that we do have to shut our system down at night. This can take anywhere from 20-35 minutes, depending on how early the manager was able to start on his end of the day paperwork. Now this shut down has to be done sometime between 11pm and 2am. So if this was the time that you went there, that is what they were trying to say. They should not have said shift change, but instead closing out the day.