McDonald's / greed

1 Two Easton Oval Suite 200Columbus, United States Review updated:
Phone: 614-418-3300

I am making a desperate plea to anyone who is willing to take time to help. I just found out that The Corporate McDonald's locations in the Columbus Ohio area are forcing their employees to work on Christmas to boost sales due to the lag in the economy. I have chosen to stop spending any money at McDonald's and am encouraging everyone at work, everyone in my family and all my friends to do the same. Hopefully McDonald's will realize that one day (Christmas) of extra sales will not compensate for all the lost money over the rest of the year.
Christmas is a time for people to spend with their families and their children. It would be OK if they were taking volunteers who wanted to work that day. I assure you, that is not the case. The employees are being forced to work or loose their jobs. Even worse, the announcement was made only a few days ago. I know my Christmas plans are already set in stone and I imagine that is the case with the employees at McDonald's who now have to call their familes and cancel or worse explain to their children why they can not be there on Christmas. Consider those who have family out of town who will miss the opportunity to visit and enjoy their loved ones company.
Please join me in writing a letter to the Columbus Ohio Corporate Office at...
Two Easton Oval Suite 200
Columbus, Ohio 43081
or call [protected].
Hopefully there is still time to influence them to "change" their minds and realize this will end up hurting their sales nationwide a lot more than it will help!
Thank You to all who are willing to help!

Wi

Comments

• Le
      19th of Nov, 2008

Many, many companies are open on Christmas, McDonalds isn't the only one. They have been open on Christmas for years and years so there's nothing new here. If you work for minimum wage or you're in the service industry and thats just how things are, you'll have to work holidays. Whether that be a courtesy clerk in a super market, a cashier for a store, whatever the position may be. I dont think this fair to people who are not Christian. If workers get Christmas off, they should also get Passover, Kwanzaa, and other December holidays off. Workers dont want to work on Christmas? Get a better job. People, leave McDonalds alone. Let it go, don't write letters and enjoy a Big Mac on the 25th.

• Ri
      20th of Nov, 2008

i work for one of there stores and to tell you the truth they suck. I mean the owner want the employees to wash disheswithout soap.