Mcdonalds / awful company

1 7860 Lichen Dr.Citrus Heights, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-7217773

Ordered a dollar soda from dollar menu and was charged $1.29 + tax. Yes the girl repeated a dollar drink also. After looking at receipt I said you overcharged me. She said we charge 1.29 so I said why is it on dollar menu? And she didn't understand. So I said can I have refund and she said no I give you this and gave me 17c as I left I said I should report you and another customer said they do it all the time. Well it needs to stop, after they rip off millions they become millionaires, its just wrong. Also the workers are rude and don't speak good.

Va

Comments

• Va
      21st of Oct, 2008

The service at Miramich New Brunswick Canda Franchise service is remarkably worthless, and the management doesn't even seem to care, for someone to wait over 30 minutes to even submit their order, when there are only 3 people standing in front of them is remarkable, and then to stand in front of the cash register and wait for another 10 minutes is outrageous. IT IS A SHAME FOR THE MCDONALDS FRANCHISE, AND SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE. I had to take my 3 children out of McDonalds without getting anything, thought that this franchise actually cared about children, but obviously this branch does not. Especially when employees are walking around and teasing one another and playing with condiments and trying to act busy, and not waiting on customers, and mangers are laughing about the naive employees they have underneath them.

27th of Oct, 2008

I am laughing at the way you spelled manager and Canada wrong. If you can't even spell those simple words don't disc McDonalds because that is the only place that will hire someone as uneducated as you.

• Al
      14th of Jan, 2009

When you give them your ATM card at the drive-thru, and state that you want debit not credit, they just run the card as credit without saying that they only do credit not debit.

I know for a fact that they take debit at the drive-thru because I have been handed the pin pad several times to enter my pin number to pay for the food.

I believe they are just lying to customers because they don't want to pay the fee that the bank would charge them for people to use their debit cards. Why don't they just charge a fee to the customer like every other business does.

• Av
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am glad that "you know for a fact" that ALL McDonald's take debit cards as debit cards in drive. Not all McDonald's locations have the little pin pad to hand out the window - so that means the employee has to ask the customer for their PIN number to enter it in, I don't know about you - but I rather dislike the idea of giving my PIN number to someone I don't even know. Plus this slows drive thru down, you have to explain to the customer why you need their PIN number, some get offended, others confused. In addition to that you have some cards that don't even register as debit cards on the machines. But like I said, I am so glad that *you know*.

• Wh
      19th of Apr, 2009

Macdogfoods probably depends on people not speaking up over that extra 29 cents. For the customer, it's chump change, but it sure adds up to a lot of money considring how many peole go to Macdogfoods each day or even on the hour. They're always busy.

• Be
      6th of Oct, 2009

You meant "dissed, " not "disc."
    You definitely shouldn't be calling someone else uneducated.

• Sm
      9th of Jun, 2010

I work at a (corporate, not franchise) McDonalds and at my store cards always run as credit automatically unless A) the transaction is over $15.00 or B) the card is debit only (without credit abilities). The set up works well for most people, but I'm afraid it's rather tedious in drive thru because there is no expendable number pad for customers so they either have to let me enter their number or get out of their cars and hit the numbers themselves at the window's edge which is as far as the cable can reach.
    As for people saying there is no debit at all, it's usually because they've never seen it, it's a relatively rare occurrence and if it happens in the lobby most workers won't even know because we cannot see the screen. They don't mean to lie, they're just misinformed themselves.

• Li
      9th of Jun, 2010

What is the basis of this complaint? If you have a debit Visa or MC, whether it's used as credit or debit it is still taken out of the bank account it's tied to. The only difference this would matter is if there was cash back wanted then the transaction would have to be done as debit. Sounds like someone wanted to make a complaint to see something they wrote show up on the internet.

• Ge
      6th of Aug, 2010

its not a dollar menu anymore, its a value menu.

• Xs
      16th of Sep, 2010

Use cash.

2nd of Jan, 2011

just because it's not on the dollar menu and you pay possibly 50 cents more why are you even asking for a refund in the first place. there's no point.