Mcdonalds / scam and stealing
I went to McDonalds drive-thru on my lunch break to buy 2 'dollar menu' double cheeseburgers and a large drink. After paying what I thought was correct at $3.33, I found that I only had one burger. I looked at the items on my receipt (not the item price yet) and found that I was only charged for one burger. I went inside and bought the second dollar item. The single dollar menu item cost me $1.40.
When I looked over both receipts I found I was charged $1.29 for each dollar menu burger plus a 'Take Out Tax' which was equal to California sales tax. Out the door I paid $4.73 for two dollar menu items and a drink.
I searched online for a take-out tax, both national and state I only found articles specifically on take out tax related to McDonalds. Other articles mentioned proposed 2% taxes on fast food. I can't find any information on an official take-out tax in California, so As a former die-hard Big Mac fan, I will not be eating at McDonalds any longer. People shouldn't have to spend their valuable time researching why a dollar item doesn't cost a dollar. I will be doing more research, In these economic times, I am watching every penny.
More Mcdonalds Complaints & Reviews
- Mcdonalds - I got a food poisoning eating their food 
- Work At Mcdonalds - made my 15 year old daughter afraid of work 
- McDonalds Australia - bad customer service 
- McDonalds - Canada - why are your ordering diet coke? 
- Mcdonalds - refund policy 
- McDonald's - TVs are usually turned off, or I am told don't work, or the employees tell me they don't know how to turn them on.
- McDonald's - management
- Mcdonald’s - rudeness
- McDonald's - customer service 
- McDonald's - service