Maytag / Neptune Top Loader / what a lemon!

Purchased a Maytag Top Loader model # FAV6800AWW serial # 11509522Ej In Aug 2004, Have had 8 service calls for this machine . Luckily I Purchased a extended Warranty from Maytag Dependability Plus (what a Joke) . It is pretty frustrating when you call and must wait 2 -3 days for someone to call you to tell you that they can schedule the repairman to come in 2 weeks. I have had 2 Mother Boards replaced and numerous left and right cover locks. Now I have been getting a Lr message rotor locked. I thought I had purchase a Lemon but after reading these complaints I am not alone. The machine sounds like a jet engine when it spins. Is there a class action suit in the works for this models or do we need to start one. One would thing that if we acted together we might be heard. Would love to hear from others about their problems.

A  9th of Nov, 2007 by
I have the exact same problem and this is my second Neptune. I originally purchased Neptune Model# FAV6800AWW in Jan 2005 at Sears. After numerous service calls due to problems where the machine would quit due to unbalance condition, it was finally replaced under warranty (every part in the original machine had been replaced). Now I am having the Lr problem. I have been a Maytag buyer all my life. NEVER again. After much research on the web, I see multiple people reporting the Lr problem and getting no satisfaction from Maytag. This time around I'll purchase an LG brand.
N  1st of Aug, 2009 by
I have not had any circuit problems, but have you looked just under the top ring inside? There is mold everywhere. I cant believe how bad my clothes smell after just washing them, I thought because I had left them in over night. But it has happened too many times and so I started to look around and was astonished with what I had found. If you have one of these machines, take a look. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
A  28th of May, 2010 by
I bought a neptune top loader in April 2006 and have had nothing but trouble with it . Recently I begin smelling a moldy smell after a load finshed washing, then it begin to leak oil. I called our local repair man from the store where we bought the washer and was told it would cost about $500. to fix it. I spoke with whirlpool representatives today who told me all they could do for me is give me a15% discount on a new maytag. WHAT A JOKE! THE MODEL # IS FAV 6800AWW

Maytag Logo Maytag