Maytag / mvwb835dw1

United States Review updated:
Not enough water in machine to wash clothes, which do not come out clean. Called Maytag & they sent a service man who switched out the panel since it was under warranty but would not address the holes in clothing. However, no one wants to address the machine is eating clothes (even on the delicate cycle). Please don't tell me I don't know how to load a machine as I've always separated types & colors my entire life. This machine is eating ALL of my clothes and putting pin holes in the fabric. I counted over 60+ clothing articles that are now ruined. If I want to keep my blouses I cannot put them into this washer. It is not economically feasible for me to replace ALL of my work clothing and Maytag needs to address this issue. I cannot be the only person experiencing this. The serviceman checked for defects in the stainless steel drum and of course, there are none. The only thing I believe is when the water drains it is pulling the fabric through the small holes and ripping it in the spin cycle & the lack of water doesn't help. The material starts with several pin holes and then progresses. I need to replace this machine and hope that Maytag will refund my money. These machines are expensive.

Maytag

Updated by J Billiot, Dec 26, 2017
Purchase 3/21/2017; Home Depot / Did not purchase extended coverage.
I understand they are suppose to use less water and be energy efficient however the clothing is being beat up in the wash and the majority of my new blouse that I have purchased are now with holes. What does showing your clothes mean versus that of bathing? The washer provides maybe 2" of water in the stainless steel tub and clothes are getting holes in them. I know it is the washer because I hang my blouses to dry so therefore cannot blame it on the dryer. The clothes do not even have enough water to clean them. The serviceman that Maytag sent changed out the panel that is suppose to control this. No change.
Updated by J Billiot, Dec 26, 2017
Really!
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 28, 2017
Dear J Billiot:
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
Maytag® Social Media Relations
Jb
Dec 26, 2017

Comments

Hi Ms. Billiot.

Appreciated reading your complaint. If you would, please supply a little more information. When was the unit purchased? From where was it purchased? Did you purchase the unit with extended service coverage?

These newer units do work differently than most older systems. They are required to be more energy efficient and thereby use less water. The cleaning method is more akin to showing your clothes versus that of bathing.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
Jb
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@Shaun R. Why can't Maytag address the issue and not ask questions with questions?
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
@J Billiot Hi Ms. Billot.

Ironically I appreciate your question about questions. Questions are generally used to garner more information than is originally supplied. In this case, to hopefully reach a preferred outcome.

I apologize for my initial "typo." The line should have read showering versus that of bathing. Most newer units use less water, pumping the water over the fabrics to be cleaned. This has both benefits as well as drawbacks. The biggest drawback is overall longer wash times, although with higher RPM for final spin out, drying times are drastically reduced, along with better fabric upkeep.

This leads us to your potential problem. You should drastically reduce the spin out speed on anything delicate. Not doing so MAY lead to the problem you're describing.

Ultimately you may decide that the high efficient design is not for you. Although all washers are now required to be rated H.E. some use a crossover design that allow simulation of the older wash style. MAYTAG creates some great washers such as this.

If you'd like to have your washer looked at by an authorized service technician, contact the Home Depot you purchased it through. They'll be glad to direct you to such a service center.

Thank you so much for reaching out for support. We're delighted to be of help.
  27th of Dec, 2017
Really! You've spoke of a couple of issues which indicate the problem MAY be the way in which the washer is being used. This is not necessarily unusual in that most of today's washers fuction completely different from those of yesteryear.

To begin with you were surprised as to see the rather small amount of water being used, feeling that only with extra water your garments would get clean. Maytag washers now support a cycle called PowerWash. This cycle does use extra water, heat and wash action to clean, BUT IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR DELICATE ITEMS.

In addition, you've indicated that you prefer to air dry your blouses. Some may think that spinning out these items at higher RPMs aid in the drying process, but in fact, can more easily damage delicate garments.

Taking both these concerns under consideration, you may find it helpful to change your wash habits or invest in a different type of washer. If you choose the latter, you'll also want to consider trading out your dryer as you'll want a firm of dryer capable of handling the kind of wash load a traditional washer might put out.

Again, I'm truly honored to help assist you!

Maytag Logo Maytag