Maytag / MHW8200FC WASHER

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States

We purchased your Maytag washer and dryer from Spencers (Tatum Blvd Store, 13820 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix, AZ) on 5/28/2918. Reading the manuel on page 6 regarding the sensing option, it states that "the sensing light will blink once a second at various times during the cycle".
I have stood during the entire washing process on numerous times and the only time the sensing blinks is once when first starting. It absolutely never blinks more than once. I feel like it is truly not sensing during this cycle because sometimes the cloths are barely wet! I will say that during the rinse cycle the sensor light does blink on and off many times but not during the wash cycle.

On 6/4, Goldwing Appliance Service did a service call. This service call was very unsetteling. The first thing the technician told us was that he missed the class training on this model so he doesnt really know too much on how this model works. He then said it was fine and it was normal. Really? How does a technician perform a test when he is not familiar with the machine? We called Matag and they said they would send out another company. He had me sign the work order, which I never should have!

On June 12, you sent Dino's Appliance Factory Service to check on this issue. The tech, Chris, told me he could see what I was talking about and didnt have an answer. He told us that he is leaving the order open and sending it to your engineers to get an answer. He told us he woukd get back to us, msometimes it can take a fewmdays or 2weeks. We have been very patient.

Well its been 4 weeks and I called Dino's and they told me that the work order has been closed and nothing is wrong. I asked how can it be closed when we have not been notified...answer thats the way it states!

When I called Spencers at the beginning, I asked if this coukd be replaced and their answer .." it is like a car, once you buy it it cannot be replaced, it needs to be repaired and then and only then if it cannot be repaired, they "may" replace it, "

Is this Maytags policy? We are extremely disappointed and VERY frustrated. We feel like we have been given the run-around from the beginning.
We feel that we have been patient and would like our washing machine replaced with one that works according to your manufacturer manual.

A reply would be appreciated
Rick and Marie Hill
23446 N 22nd Street
Phoenix, Az 85023
[protected]

• Updated by Marie, Rick Hill, Jul 21, 2018

Can you tell me if you received my complaint regarding my Maytag washer.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Aug 02, 2018

Marie and Rick Hill, thank you for your review. We would like to inquire about your review with you. If you have not had your issue resolved, please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com at your earliest convenience with a copy of the review, your name, address, a phone number, model and serial number, and date and purchase. Also please let us know if you have any extended service plan. We look forward to your reply. Thank you, Maytag® Social Care

Ma