Maytag / Icd20 French Door Bottom Freezer / defective refrigerator
The control panel on the left door of my Maytag Ice20 French Door Bottom Freezer went berserk--all the lights starting flashing and the water/ice dispenser door started flapping. I researched this problem on the web and quickly found a huge number of complaints from other consumers with the exact problem. Apparently the problem is so widespread, the Maytag/Whirlpool company is providing a free replacement control panel and in some cases free installation even after the warranty is out. This product should be recalled--it may be a fire hazard. Some consumers reported the ice and water poured out of the dispenser and could not be stopped. I turned off the water supply and emptied the ice tray. I also found a temporary solution which tells how turn off the lights and flapping door until the control board can be replaced-- http://www.fixya.com/support/t148884-maytag_ice20_refrigerator.
One person on the above site also tells how to do a self repair of the board.
I also have Maytag front loading washer and dryer. The control panel on the washer was defective and had to the replaced the first week after the washer was installed. I will never buy Maytag again--they no longer have quality products.
More Maytag / Icd20 French Door Bottom Freezer Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - Maytag Washer MVWB765FC
- Maytag - washing machine
- Maytag - refrigerator
- Maytag - washer - mvwc565fwo-c65144807-w10240523
- Maytag - maytag centennial top load washing machine