Mattress Firm / beware

3954 US HWY 98 NLakeland, FL, United States Review updated:
2.85
I have been shopping around for a new mattress and doing my research online because you can't trust sales people too much. I was trying to decide between the Tempurpedic Rhapsody and a Serta Vera Wang Latex bed. I went into the Lakeland Mattress Firm and was speaking to Casey and the Manager on duty. I told them that I had been shopping around and doing my research because I wanted to make the right decision. They do not carry Serta, so they told me the Tempurpedic was better. I would expect that from them, but I did not expect them to out and out lie to me about a competitors product. They told me and several other people in the store that the Serta beds were the most flammable of any other bed on the market. Like I said, I had done my research on all the independent consumer websites, and they all said the opposite. They said that Serta was the leader of the pack with fireblocker protector and that in 2007 Serta was the only company that did not have to UP the fireblocker standards because they were already compliant. With the economy the way it is, don't think for a second that consumers are not doing their research before investing in such an expensive product. I ended up going with the Rhapsody, but I bought it from another company because I was so turned off by the shady sales tactics and not to mention the 20% restocking fee that I would be charged if I did not like it and wanted to exchange it.
Ri

Comments

Co
  4th of Feb, 2009
Sorry that the sales person(s) that you spoke to gave you incorrect information about that bed. I purchased a bed from them in a different state and didn't like it when I exchanged they charged me a 10% restocking fee which I knew about when I bought the bed the first time. Maybe you heard wrong.
Ma
  21st of Mar, 2009
It's a 10% restocking fee. EVEN TEMPURPEDIC CHARGES THIS!!! That was not shady tactics, it was FACTS!!! I also purchased a Tempur-Pedic from Mattress Firm and i was VERY pleased with it. I would much rather sleep on a Tempur-Pedic than any other brand. Even Doctors will tell you that.
Wj
  2nd of Sep, 2009
Every dealer that sells mattresses will have some restocking fee or protection plan for it.

THINK about it. Someone is SLEEPING, ROLLING AROUND, or GETTING BUSY on this mattress. Would YOU want it back?! Dealers have to not only take that dirty thing back, but sell it at an extremely deep discount.

20% is modest. Yes salespeople do stress the truth, but most are passionate about the products that they sell, and there are differences between the two companies.

Ive sold mattresses for the past 6 months, and I already know to stear clear of serta. We cut open dozens of mattresses from different companies to see what kind of product they are really selling. Let me say, the evidence is shocking! Simmons, Sealy and Tempurpedic is the way to go.
Hu
  8th of Apr, 2011
I know this post is old bought I thought I would post for clairity.
The Serta all Latex may be one of the best firerated but the absolute worse in support.
Mattress Firm in fact used to carry Serta but had so many complaints for the product that they did take them off the floor.
And now they have a Happines Guarrantee where there is absolutly no restocking fee you only pay for delivery of your new bed as they take the old or they offer all your money back.

Just some heads up