Marshalls / dirty comforter

1 FL, United States Review updated:

While in Florida, I bought a comforter set for my home in DC. I was quite pleased to find a set of this specific color (dark maroon) and I did not focus on that the tear in the packaging possibly meant that the item had been returned. When I unpacked the comforter, I found four whitish stains like finger prints in the middle of the spread. I wrote asking that Marshall's find the same comforter for me to exchange or refund half of the $70 price. Customer service suggested I cruise Marshall's in hopes of finding a replacement (totally unrealistic) or return this one, after stating they never sell dirty merchandise. I know they don't check their merchandise and don't really care if customers return as I doubt that I ever will.

Comments

14th of Aug, 2009

What's totally unrealistic is you're thinking Marshalls acts like a mail order store, which they aren't. What they ARE is a DISCOUNT store, they acquire mass LEFTOVERS and CASTOFFS from name brands. Their return policy is probably the most liberal out of every retail store in the world. Save your receipt and you can return it.

• Cu
      18th of Feb, 2015

I work as a cashier for the TJX stores, and yes, WE DO CHECK EVERY ITEM. We're very particular. As long as you have your receipt and we can call the previous store you bought it at, which number is listed on the receipt so we can verify your story, you can return it for a full refund. Otherwise we can't because it's considered used.