Majic Jack / Unauthorized charges

Had had good reports on Majic Jack product from friends. An E-mail from that company recently appeared in my E-mail box. Opened the link to and read it. It offered a years service for $19.95. Sounded good.

Started the order process, which of course required my Credit Card data. I provided it. Then I discovered that the cost was now $39.99. Oops! Had to be a mistake so i went back through the same process with the same result. At no time did I confirm the order with any type of final authorization.

I thought it would be nice to call this company to be sure that I would not be billed. Could find no E-mail address, phone number, or physical address. Did discover today the you can IM with their customer service.

Today, to my surprise I received an E-mail informing me that I had a confirmation order number and that it was being delivered via UPS. (in other words - already shipped). Immediately tried to 'reply' from Yahoo. They must have fixed that as I kept getting a message about 'formatting problem on the Majic Jack address.' Then called my credit card company and was informed that I had a 'pending' charge in excess of $93.00 from Majic Jack. Getting serious now!

Managed to get 2 phone numbers which I will share-[protected] and [protected]. The latter gets you to billing. After a 5-10 minute hold I was informed by a recorded message that I was number 5 in line and that the waiting time was appx. 34 minutes. So much for patience! Tried what the recorded message suggested and had a lengthy IM chat with an 'upper -level' person. The person was polite as well ambitious in responding to my very specific requests.

Have been promised a 24-48 hour response via E-mail. Waiting for that reply! Will let you know.

If their reply is unsatisfactory, I will begin the process of requesting investigations by my State Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission. Buyers beware of any request for Credit Card info 'before' a final cost is verified! Also, I will no longer do business with companies without their business address and a phone number for Customer Service.

Comments

• Ho
      25th of Jan, 2010

BEFORE YOU START PUKING AND MOANING ABOUT THE COST READ THE ###ING ###. $19.99 IS FOR THE 1 YR OF SERVICE. $39.99 IS FOR THE MJ UNIT ITSELF - or did you want this for free also?? quit ###ing it up for everybody. Not everybody is incompetent like you, ###!

• Ne
      24th of Aug, 2010

I've had magicjack for 4 years. It worked great until recent changes. Customer Service sucks. They are not trainned except in manners. Neil Sedotal, Lafayette, La. magicjack number; 713-931-0989