MagicJack / bad product, poor transamission

1 Fremont, CA, United States Review updated:

Product of the Year? What a joke!

Don't BUY MAGIC JACK!!! I have now permanently disconnected 2 MJ phones and chucked them into a bottom drawer. Too many complaints from people and business clients I tried to call and talk to. They complained about often hearing a "beep" sound, as if I kept accidentally bumping a button on the keypad of a phone...and I wasn't! They also complained that my voice would cut in and out like the worst cell phone service you've ever experienced.

The sad thing is that the first 2 weeks I had bought the first MJ phone, I didn't hear any of these complaints. Based upon that fact, I got excited and went out and bought a second MJ phone device!! I should've had my head examined. Within about 4 weeks after buying the second phone, all the reception quality of my phone calls went to hell.

I have the feeling that the MJ computer network has a way of giving first time customers preferential reception quality and separately dedicated transmission lines from their central servers. Then...once your trial period has expired, they throw your phone numbers back into the 3rd rate service quality of all the other millions of idiots that went before me and bought their MJ phones. It's a bait and switch tactic, and it's a scam! It's very frustrating that you cannot get anyone to talk to, OR get any kind of reimbursement. So the best I can do for now is to plead with anyone thinking of buying a Magic Jack phone...DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK!!! Order a land line cable company phone, or even as a last resort, use AT &T if you HAVE to. Anything is better than this garbage technology.

Comments

• At
      12th of Nov, 2009

They misrepresent.I have people next store try to call, and it comes up as a long distance call.mY BROTHER IN LAW LIVE 9 MILES FROM ME, USED TO CALL 3 TIMES A DAY until he recd a bill for $77.00 for calling my number from his fone company.My step son has one of these pieces of junk and hi father law live 3 miles from him, used to call untill he recd a bill for $88.00 in long distance calls.Reception sucks, lots of skip.Lots pf missed calls, terrible contraption.Im going to the attorney general with this piece of crap.