Macy's / false advertising

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

On their website, they advertise a perfume set for $55 and say it's available in their store. When I went there, the employee RUDELY told me they didn't sell it for that price.

The website also said there was a free perfume sample with each purchase. Again, the employee RUDELY told me they didn't offer that either.

I will never go to Macy's again.

La

Comments

• Ve
      12th of Feb, 2009

You are absolutely right to complain and I would tell all of your friends to never shop at Macy's. It is truly an unethical company and the employee was probably rude to you because of the way he or she gets treated at their job. I work for them and management is trained to make you feel guilty about going to the bathroom. I never get commended for anything and they refused give me my vacation even after I filed a grievance. Awful company and their merchandise is cheap.
    I am pregnant and they won't let me sit down, not even for five minutes a day. But I'm afraid to quit because of references. This company will get what they deserve someday, they think that they are such a big brand name but ppl don't like them.
    I'm soooo over macy's.

• We
      15th of Mar, 2009

Just like almost every single department store. The .com business is run separately from the department stores. To run a website business and a department store are very different and it takes different merchandise, marketing, and other strategies than it would for a physical department store. Therefore, the prices, and offers at .com sites and in the stores are often different. As far as Macy's goes if you print out the ad online and show it to the associate they will accommodate the price. Sales associates and selling managers do not have internet access due to wanting the team to be fully engaged with customers and not behind computers all day.

• Am
      17th of Dec, 2010

wow, seriously? i work at macys, and i would have definitely given you that price adjustment for sure. i'm super nice to everyone, and i get that people are trying to save money. sorry you weren't my customer, i would have adjusted the price for you, and given you like loads of free sample bottles. haha :)