Macys / ridiculous fees

I do not plan on making ANY more purchases at Macys. We bought an item and let the sales associate talk us in to getting their card. We sent the payment on time, but they neglected to post it on time. We then were charged interest plus a $25 late fee without even knowing it- all the while thinking we had a $0 balance. We then got another $25 late fee for not paying the last $25 late fee. We now owe $58 on something that was paid in full!! And if you are wondering- we have perfect credit and have not had any problems with any other card.

Di

Comments

8th of Dec, 2014

I am a Canadian citizen and I applied for a Macys Credit Card in September, 2014 while I was in state of Washington. I made a purchase that day of $ 19.32. When the bill came in the following month I did try to pay it over the phone but was not successful so I decided to wait for the next bill and pay the approx $ 2.00 interest fee with my purchase. When the second bill came I was in complete "Shock" at the amount they wanted - double my purchase price plus $ 2.00 for a total of $ 40.64. I immediately purchased a US money order from the bank and sent this to them, along with a letter and my credit card. In my letter I requested them to "close" my account. IIn early December, 2014, I received a new statement from Macys with a $ 2.00 charge on it, nothing else. I am completely stunned by this; words cannot describe how I feel inside. I will never, ever step foot inside another Macys again.

• St
      2nd of Feb, 2015

Sandy, what did you think was going to happen when you (admittedly) and purposely neglected to pay your bill for one month? Have you never heard of late fees? I love how people do idiotic things with their credit cards and then blame the company for it. This is your fault and you owe the money and the additional $2.00 that accrued from not paying your bill off for several months!