Lowe's Home Improvement / scam and cheating!
I bought a rain gauge from Lowe's in October. By December, water had froze in it and burst the gauge. I went to the store, checked the package on the model, and it included no warnings about not using the gauge in certain conditions. I concluded I did not misuse the gauge. I decided to return it, willing to settle on a cash refund or credit, but not a duplicate gauge.
When we went to purchase $100 worth of lumber and other construction supplies, I took the rain gauge back. I entered the returns and exchanges corral, and the girl at the register called a guy named Mike over to discuss the return. He laughed at me, wondering what I expected from a rain gauge and then said they didn't even sell that model there! He didn't even check his inventory or anything. I said, 'Oh, so you have a personal knowledge of every product this store carries?' He said, 'I know we don't carry this.'
Unbeknownst to him, I had instructed my kid to retrieve the exact rain gauge in a package and bring it to us, as I knew they would need the bar code in order to give me a refund. At this moment, my kid showed up with the gauge. Mike got very flustered, and said that if I didn't like the fact that he wouldn't give me my two dollars he would have me removed from the store. I promptly told him he needed to get the manager so my removal could proceed.
While we waited on the manager to show up, he got very angry and his body language started to indicate that he was preparing to do the removing himself, as I stood there very relaxed and calm. The manager showed up, and had to tell Mike to leave, as he was adding nothing positive to the situation. He promptly gave me my money and then I asked if the two dollar's was coming out of Mike's check. He said no. I had to tell him I thought he was ready to assault me because I exposed him as a liar in front of three customers and a co-worker. The manager, of course, had no answers for me.
More Lowe's Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes Home Improvement - Vinyl siding installation
- Lowes - kitchen cabinetry
- Lowe's Savannah, GA and their contractor, Gravitas - remodeling of two baths and kitchen
- Lowes - laundry double door/customer service
- Lowes - washer