Lowe's Home Improvement / damage to home & husband's job!

1 Bentonville, United States

Lowe's Home Improvement in Bentonville, Arkansas delivered sheetrock to my house in January 2008. I had to listen to one of the delivery drivers complaining and using foul language throughout the delivery. I decided to not be present during the second delivery, the next day when I showed up on site one of my contractors notified me that one of the delivery drivers had written on my concrete floor that were to be stained with PERMANENT marker. The marks were in 3 rooms and the largest area written on measured 5 inches tall by 18 inches long! We tried every chemical and nothing removed it and the stain wouldn't cover it. During another delivery of trim the same delivery driver who had written on my floors put 2 lemon-sized holes in my walls. Here is the worst part my husband was the store manager at this store and he was nice enough not to reprimand this delivery driver. Due to the extra cost of covering the damaged floors my husband consulted his boss who suggested that my husband file an insurance claim through Lowe's to cover the extra cost that Lowe's had caused. Well, Lowe's covered the cost of the damages but my husband was fired in retaliation over filing the claim. Oh and the person who not only damaged my house once by TWICE still has a job.