LG Electronics — warranty service
1 year old LG refrigerator / freezer purchased at Home Depot in May 2017. Compressor has failed. No cooling for three days now. Contacted LG Electronics Warranty Service and was provided contact information for several different service contractors. Of those provided, three stated that I am not in their service areas. One could not provide service for a week. Calls to another resulted in anonymous voice mail message. Last of the contractors will not commit to a date and time for service to be provided.
Considering the experience, I strongly suggest to prospective appliance buyers that they run quickly away from LG branded electronics. Though the units may be attractive, they are unreliable and prone to failure. Execute an internet search for "LG refrigerator compressor" and you will hundreds of reports of nearly new units failing and the very poor customer service. The offshore representatives struggle with comprehension of the English language.
Lastly, I implore Home Depot, Lowes and other national appliance retailers to pull these inferior products from their stores. The experiences of your customers with LG warranty transfers to their impressions of your company.
More LG Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- LG Refrigerator - anyone who bought an lg refrigerator has run into this problem 
- LG Refrigerator - faulty control board 
- Lg / Dishwasher - nasty smell! 
- Lgmedsupply - lgmedsupply commits fraud! 
- LG Canada - warranty service 
- LG - lg refrigerator model lfx25974st
- LG - refrigerator 
- LG Electronics - the tv had a black screen but I had sound 
- LG intellocool Refrigerators - dented refrigerator delivered
- LG Electronics - stove model lsg4513st