LensCrafters / cheap frames - expensive prices

I have used LENS Crafters for years. I usually get their Brooks Brother product.

About three weeks ago my two year old glasses broke. I went to Lens Crafters and found a pair of CHAPS frames $160 that I liked. High Index lenses were also about $200. True to word they made them in an hour.

About two days later I notice I was [censored]ing my finger when I took off my glasses. The top of the screw that held in the lens was too long and they did a poor job of clipping it back.

I took the frames back. I was told that the manufacturer plaints the screw in and they have to strip it to get it out. I expressed some doubt and concern about the frames, but let them give me a new pair and put them together better. The manager assured me they were high quality frames.

Three days later the right nose piece just fell off. I found the screw, but could not put it back because it was stripped.

I took the glasses back to the store today and told them, I liked the shape but would no longer accept CHAPS. They found me a pair of POLOS, but then wanted me to pay $70 more. I told them it was their error and I would not pay more. The manager then told me that he was giving the LENS for Free. I asked him how he figured that. He said he could not use the lenses in the pair I brought back.

Anyhow, I told him those pair were coming back, and I was giving him a chance to keep my business.

H said he could not match the price of the first pair and that the CHAPS were entry level frames. Like that was my fault.

I got my refund my family is done with LENS CRAFTERS. They have lost $1000s of future business from me.

Va

Comments

• Ti
      6th of Jul, 2008

I do have a ? for you - IT is clear that the polos are more expensive frame - so why do you think YOU should not have to pay for the upgrade - they are not asking you to pay any more just what you would have paid - if you purchased them orginally - the 1st day -
    so u mean to say that if you go there 1 day and buy the cheapest frame in the place ( recallu get what you pay for ) - and you go back and get say a very explesive frame - say - 400 bucks - you should not have to pay the differance -

remember - they are getting you new lenses - so they are loosing $ there - and now you expect they should give you what ever you want - and not charge you for it - just to make you happy - THIS IS NUTS !!! -
    I think they where already giving you great customer service - by saying they would take them back - but that is not good enough for you ??? you want more - ?
    KINDA BALL SY if you ask me -
    seems like not much makes you happy - i would think you would expect them to give you the glasses for free - and then get u a 2nd pr ?

• Su
      9th of Jun, 2009

I agree with above! You are the kind of customers I would not want to have at my business. Why should they have to eat the cost? Things like that are what runs up the cost of glasses for everyone/ Why should you get something for free? If I walked in and purchaed the polos I would expect to pay the extra $70, why shouldn't you? I think you got great customer service.

• Mo
      16th of Sep, 2009

Why not just let them replace the frame? Because you perceive a problem with the frame because the NOESPAD fell off? What a douche, I'm sure the staff was grateful that you left and didn't cost them more money in remakes.