Having problems with LensCrafters?

LensCrafters reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 7, 2007. The latest review Lens Prescriptions was posted on Oct 26, 2021. The latest complaint 98387 was resolved on Sep 28, 2019. LensCrafters has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 313 reviews. LensCrafters has resolved 103 complaints.

LensCrafters Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LensCrafters Customer Service. Initial LensCrafters complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LensCrafters above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LensCrafters. Discuss the issues you have had with LensCrafters and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

LensCrafters Complaints & Reviews, Page 15

Lenscraftersfrustrated employee

Lenscrafters are runs by people who are power freak. They treat their employees like dogs. I don't think those power hungry freaks are even supporting the mission of the Luxoticca Company. There is no accountability in the higher ups. The morale is so low. They are abusive of their powers. The whistle blower policy doesn't exist. I hope those the Retail Associates, Licensed Opticians, Lab techs should stand up for themselves and speak up. These Regional Managers, Store Managers are useless. They are the worst people in the company and should be deleted. They have no morale, no respect to their Staffs. They like to write up Staffs so they gain points. They are very manipulative and should be removed from the Organization and be replaced by Staffs who are dedicated and supportive of the mission. I have worked in this company for years and years and I say, the morale is going down. There is no professionalism in the Industry. Licensed Opticians are being manipulated and being treated like high school graduates. I am so sick and tired of being pushed around. I am encouraging the Staffs to start documenting abuses and be not afraid to speak up.

6 Responses
    • Cr
      craig n Jul 05, 2010

yes i agree with the above statements. Hiring unknowledgeable in optics and expect the seaonal help to train them and meet their personal goals as well. and hiring 5 more people and cutting everyones hours. fulltime people getting only 30 hours while the part timers 20 to 25 hours?? also management staying in the office all day doing reports when the floor is busy with customers, unwilling to help their associates. when i started with the company over a decade ago, it was great but has definately went down hill.

• Lu
      Lux-a$$ociate Aug 02, 2009

Honest, Fedup, and Valarie...I totally agree. This activity is taking place in my region as well. Won't say which region or brand but each operates most likely the same.

Just give a two week crash course in optics and you have a managers position! Minimum wages, cutting hours, stopped matching 401k etc... and no experience necessary mean saving money for management level cruises etc... Unbelievable!

Luxottica knows most associates are not optically inclined and would not know how to trouble shoot to save their soul. The remakes usually ending as refunds are amazing!

I stay because I love my chosen profession and have not been fired, yet, for making too much pay, or being too old. I am sure Luxottica will find a reason, like "not making your quota" or didn't "super size an order" in this mass produced, don't give one care organization. But, I will not QUIT what I love.

• jdwil09 May 20, 2009

Man, I am in a state of ...

I just happened upon this website and this post for 1st time ever today.

And I had no idea that I was so very NOT ALONE in my feelings and observations of my once beloved company around me.!

Yes, every statement above is true. Remarks on "MORALE at an all time LOW" were not exaggerated in the least bit. And is getting worse...
      I do not see the job I once prayed for (and then made it come true)- continuing.

• Va
      ValerieShulder Apr 06, 2009

if this is just a personality clash between workers, you are better off keeping your mouth SHUT TIGHT.
      Personality Clash complaints usually end up in firings, but surprise.. it will be person who filed the complaint being let go after the inquiry is finished..

Your co-workers, sensing they are about to be dragged into something that could threaten their job, will lie and say they have no problem with Supervisor X. They will say nothing is wrong or they haven't noticed anyome getting yelled at etc..

This will lead the person doing the inquiry to conclude that the problem is just between you two. And by getting rid of one of you the problem will be solved. Who do I choose, the temp/sales clerk I can replace tomorrow or the manager who takes alot of time and money to train.

answer is always: you

• Fe
      Fed up associate Apr 06, 2009

I totally agree. The management at the Luxottica location in Memphis is a joke... One I can name in particular, but I won"t. I once witnessed a team lead go completeley off on a temp in front of everyone. This temp was a very good worker. Because the temp said somthing back to him, she was let go. This is not the first time this team lead has offended associates. Piss poor management let him get away with it once again. I think corporate needs to make a surprise visit and just randomly talk to some of the associates. They would be very surprised at what they will find out. Luxottica has some very good workers who are getting fed up with all the crap... Company morale is at a all time low. Associates work 12 hour days and most of the time on Sunday with no appreciation. Associates, it is time to speak up about what's really going on when corporate's back is turned...

• Ho
      Honest Apr 02, 2009

I agree with you. The Managers at Lenscrafters both on the field and at the store are the worst" Creatures". They have no ethics, absolutely NO knowledge in the optical field, sadly even the Directors, and are just on the job trained managers. They can lie, manipulate, and are extremely rude and Political. They can do anything to save their Jobs. They get paid for Xmas eve while they can deny Xmas eve ( paid or unpaid) for a Full time employee. They hire full time employees while may be they cant afford them. They lie about PTO hours as earned, while even if someone has completed 1 year by the rules the Employee gets 2 weeks PTO hours added but you get to see that only 8 hrs is added and besides if you leave the job after a year they do not count your PTO hours, "they like to keep the change". They will deny your earned benefits. They are very unprofessional and greedy.

I think Luxottica should hire people who have done some kind of Schooling in Management before hiring them as Managers that way they will learn to respect Managers post and understand how hard it is to earn that position. They will justify the Post, the staff and the Company that they work for.

Managers probably do everything else but manage the Job. They want to go home early, come late, take time-off when they like for personal reasons, go for hair cut while at job, go for lunch for an hour or more, and yes the best they do not clock in or out like the other employees have to.

Wish the CEO of the company is reading these reports too. I am sure it is not the same in NZ or other nations...probably it is just in USA and hope they do something to improve this before losing their good employees. It is not just about MBE from the customers side check if it is from the Employees's side too!!!

Lanscrafterscredit card

I purchased a pair of sunglasses for my husband just before he was diagnosed with lung cancer. I believe they cost $160. I used their credit card to pay.
    Months later I received a call from a foreigner about this debt. I had forgotten about it. I made a $60 payment online. The following two months, I made a $30 payment each month. When I made the second payment, I later checked my bank statement. The payment never came out of my checking account. I checked the next bill I received. They had added a considerable amount to the bill.
    I sent them a letter explaining my circumstances and offering $140 to pay off this debt. They replied with an offer for $215 to pay it off. I made the payment.
    I just received a bill from them where they deducted the $215 I paid and now they want an additional $241.11!!!
    I have a copy of the letter they wrote on December 9, 2008 offering me $215 to "accept as full settlement on your account and we will waive the remaining balance!" MF LIARS!!! And I have a letter I have written to them detailing exactly what they can do with their paper.

• Sw
        sweetp9 Mar 21, 2010

Maybe you can learn to spell LensCrafters instead of writing Lanscrafters.

Lenscraftersbeware!

As of 2009, Lenscrafters will no longer match their employee's 401k contributions. They are reducing Full-time hours, taking away portions of employees Paid-Time-Off and reducing raises for annual performance reviews. What a great way to say thanks to your employees for helping you to increase your sales by 10%. Please add your comments!

Important: LUXOTTICA’S FY 2008 CONSOLIDATED NET SALES UP BY 10.7%.

The incentive for young people has been that matching funds that companies have been supplying to them and now without that, I think the incentive to save is going to be plunging.

5 Responses
        • Gi
          Givemesometruth Jan 25, 2010

LC has laid people off in the CSC Department. And replaced them with part-time workers! And tomorrow there is another round of lay-offs in headquarters. LC has 9 years in a row of decreasing customer count! Why? This business model cannot compete with Walmart and the $8.00 glasses ( yes, it is true ) you can buy on-line! It is a different world. And LC has to change to survive. Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but the world will keep spinning either way.

SuzzieQ Jun 09, 2009

LensCrafters took all of those measures so they would not have to lay employees off and so they could offer better job security! Do your resaerch!

aners May 29, 2009

yeah i mean, lenscrafters has some fierce competition! like.. uhhh..
          anyways, if you are over 35 and working here, DO NOT WAIT and start looking for another job, now. Once companies start making these weird moves that make no sense, its because they are determined to go bargain-basement-bottom-of-the-barrel cheap in order to "grow". And that means getting rid of older workers in an orchestrated campaign. Its easier to look for a job, while you have a job. Don't delay.

Circuit city did this same kind of stuff. They dont care that you might have skills. They only care that you cost more than the 19-22 y/o they wish they could replace you with.

sigmaguybass May 29, 2009

Lux still has a 401k and a Pension, they also are not rewarding poor performance of unconsistant behavior among associates thru doctors. They have NOT laid off anyone and they have frozen increaseses for Docotors on up the the corporate ladder.

Lux is making these changes so that they can control there profit a little more closely and not have to do layoffs. Whats so wrong with that?? Payroll is the number one contributing factor to Cost Control in any business and with how spending from the general public is going we cant afford to have the same amount of people on our staff because we arent making the money need to support those Hours.

This is just simple business, If you Sell more units you have more Hours. Dont complain about having a job, especially a job that has a 401k, pension, multiple dentals plans, multiple Health insurance plans for Full and Part time Associates and Great Discounts on Eyewear for employees...

Look at teh BIG picture. Look at what we have as a whole, look at personal performance so that you can get those maximized hours in your location.

These are just cost control measures any smart business person would take so that they can still grow there business in a slightly declined economy.

• St
          Stephen Mar 17, 2009

Hey all you folks do is complaint about how bad the company is. So why don`t you form a UNION. You all work you ### all these years and at the end being treated like you are worthless. With Union, they can`t treat you like this. This is a big company and it is just right to be treated nicely in return.

Lenscraftersno customer service!

I Purchased over $1000.00 worth of glasses at Lakeland, Fl Lenscrafter on Florida Ave & the left lens kept coming out, would not tighten. They refused to give me a screw to take with me when it works out. But they would allow me to drive almost 18 miles without my required glasses in heavy traffic for them to put a screw in. What is the thinking behind this? A two cent screw cost them a customer for LIFE! Plus the laminate on my sunglasses lifted off the lenses and they could have cared less. A screw of all things!

SuzzieQ Jun 09, 2009

DO you have a tiny little screw driver and tweezers to put it in with? If so they should have given you a screw.

Lenscraftersfaulty glasses

I purchased two pair of glasses with these people and totally disappointed!!! They started peeling and becoming blurry with 6 months! I took them back and they said they can fix them at my cost of only 1/2 off!!! I paid 800.00 PLUS INTEREST for these glasses. It's not like I can do without them! Of course I tried to get help but I guess they dont care because they make so much money my little bit wont make a difference. BUT the word of mouth will!!! I plan on telling all my family and friends about them and their lack of services. I would like to see another class action lawsuite against these people. I had to pay another 350.00 to fix one pair of the eye glasses. My doctor told me they use cheap lenses and they don't put the protective coat on them. If you take your glasses to your doctor they can tell you just what a deal you got! Boy 800.00 later!

Lenscraftersframes

I bought an expensive pair of prescription bifocal glasses, with clip on sunglasses. Less than two years, the frame snapped at a joint. I paid to have the frames replaced. Less than 1.5 years later, the new frames broke at a joint (obvious design flaw). They would do nothing about it. They said outside of their one year warranty, they weren't obligated and I could call Customer Service to have it explained further. After dropping over $3, 468 at Lenscrafter, all tallied, I'm taking my business elsewhere. Talk about shoddy customer service. Being a long time customer, recommending them to friends and colleagues and dropping over $3K to a store means absolutely nothing to them. If I treated my customers the same way, I'd be standing in front of the liquor store, begging for change just to eat.

These people know NOTHING about sales. There are two sayings in sales:
            1. It's far easier to keep one existing customer, than to gain one new customer.
            2. Happy customers tell ten people, unhappy customers tell 100 people. This unhappy customer is going to tell everyone I encounter.

• Ga
                gator kat Mar 24, 2009

I have to agree that Lenscrafters at Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque has gone down hill in terms of customer service. My husband ordered glasses 3 weeks ago which never came in. Whenever we called to inquire about them, we were told "Oh, they sent two left lenses, they sent the wrong lenses", and on and on. So, today we went to get our money back. The person who waited on us, a "supervisor", was pathetic. She offered no apology or explanation for the poor service. Instead, in her attempt to come off as "authoritative and in charge", she came off as rude, uneducated about proper customer service and down right snotty. Perhaps this demeanor is an attempt to cover up some shortcomings such as maybe she just isn't "supervisor" material at all.

anonymous Feb 10, 2009

Lens crafters isn't a great company but you are supposed to replace your glasses every year and most glasses retailers only have a 30-60 day warranty. There is no optical place that would replace frames 3 1/2 years after you originally bought them that I have heard of and I have been an optician for 5 years.

Lens Craftersfaulty frames

I bought my glasses less than a year ago, at the cost of over $500.00, and the frame broke. I went back to Lens Crafters and they informed me there was nothing they could do about it and I could buy a new pair of glasses. I will NEVER do business at Lens Crafters again and I am advising my company of the problem so they can see if they still want to send thier employees to them. They should be made to stand behind the product or get out of the business.

5 Responses
                • Mi
                  Michael Pollard Aug 18, 2009

My husband and I also purchased a pair of glasses through Lenscrafters early last year. Both frames are now broken!! I was told that I could purchase another pair, and that the frames could not be fixed ? What ?? I've never heard of this before. We have purchaseed 5 pairs so far from them within the past 3 years. I was also told that they could not fix them there but that I could go to a different place. What a rip off !! We cannot afford to purchase two pairs of glasses again this year. We will never go back to Lenscrafters ever again. It's sad that they do NOT take care of their customers.

• Li
                  lizbe Jul 26, 2009

I'm sorry, but you're made aware of the Breakage Protection Plan when you purchase a pair of glasses from Lenscrafters. I know it's easy to forget these things, but don't say they're a rip-off when you agree to the terms and conditions by PURCHASING THEIR PRODUCT! Glasses aren't indestructable. In the 15 years I've been wearing glasses, I've NEVER had a pair of glasses that didn't last for well over a year. In fact, the only time I get new glasses is when I want a new style. Perhaps those of you who can't comprehend why a business won't replace (at no cost) what you've negligently owned ought to start paying attention when you purchase a medical device that costs so much. If you're willing to pay hundreds of dollars up front but are unwilling to pay for new ones at a fraction of the cost, then you should ask questions about proper care. Write down what you're told, even. It'll help you in the long run. Do you complain to The Gap months later when the sweater you've purchased starts to get those little balls on it because you don't wash them according to the label? It's the same thing!

• Cm
                  cmenigoz Jul 12, 2009

I purchased a very expensive pair of Ray Bans progressives and within a year, I had scratched them. I went back to Lenscrafters and I had to purchase another set of lenses since the glasses were over 30 days old. I spend over $800 for two pairs of Ray Bans.

Now less then 6 months from the replacement of the lenses, I have a hairline crack in the OD lense and I am pissed. Now, being an Optician and a Ophthalmic Technician with specialized training, I am confident that this is a manufacturing defect in their lense material that Lenscrafters is using.

I want a new lense now! Lets see how Lenscrafters really does take care of their customers.

• Tk
                  tkirkpatrick May 09, 2009

So, you are angry at Lenscrafters because you were irresponsible and broke your glasses and they won't give you free ones? Sorry, but try that complaint with your new car, clothing, or anything else. You break it you replace it. It's time people started taking responsibility and stop asking for handouts. You can't chalk this one up to "poor customer service."

• Br
                  Brandy Shelley Feb 12, 2009

I also purchased a pair of glasses through Lenscrafters. I purchased them in August and they were broken before Christmas, less than 4 months. I was also told that I could purchase another pair for 1/2 the cost of the frames, basically a whole new pair of glasses. I was also told they could not fix them there but that I could go to a different place. What a rip off and a scam. I can't afford to purchase two pairs of glasses a year. I will never go back to Lenscrafters. You shouldn't either.

Lens Craftersdefective lens

Eyeglasses keep cracking in the same place - - - 5 times. They made me buy new frame - - the lens cracked again - - in the same place.

3 Responses
                  • Tw
                    tweet722 Feb 20, 2009

I just had a horrible experience with Lenscrafters. Less than a week after getting them, I cleaned them properl with Lenscrafters towelettes and they put scratches on my lenses. They replaced them no problem. Two days after getting them back..same thing happens. Go back tonight to have them replaced an paid more to have the double scratch protection and when I get my glasses I can't see through them. They assure me it's the correct perscription but clearly it wasn't as I could not see out of them. They did not offer any options to me. So I got them to pop the lenses out and got a refund on lenses. Will take frames elsewhere to get lenses.

• To
                    tora May 16, 2007

I don't know if this will help, but my husband has had that same complaint about the anti-glare coating on his lenses. He got his next pair without that coating and they were just fine. Hope this helps!

• Ca
                    Caroline H. Apr 27, 2007

My husband and I have dealt with Lenscrafters for several years and been very satisfied until now. Neither of us can clean the lenses, they are always smeary. The lens towelettes do nothing. My husband has stopped wearing his glasses altogether. Is there some magic way of cleaning these lens?

Lens Craftersmy mother treated badly

I gave a gift certificate to my elderly mother for Chrstmas. She as many othera live on a strict income. the $500.00
                  was to cover exam and the glasses of her choice. Apparently she had lost the certificate. She called and told me she had done something wrong, as many elderly people tend to feel in this society. The elderly are usually not treated with kind hands. I said mom give the phone to the tech, he boldly told me that she HAD TO HAVE THE CERTFICATE. Well when it comes to my mother watch out for me.
                  I told the soon to be reported to a higher authority tech, that he had better look in the gift book, look at her receipt and give her the kindest care or else. He tried to back me done but got an ear full. This happened just a half hour ago. while searching the district office of LENS CRAFTERS, I saw this site.
                  Presently she is on her way home (1 and a 1/2 hr drive) as they closed early. By the way she is not able to drive and my loving 17 year old nephew is taking her home. She feels she did something wrong. Not finished with this issue.

ME

3 Responses
                      sigmaguybass May 25, 2009

The company is not disgusting and trying to win a Vocal "fist fight" over the phone isn't civil. If your mother needed more attention because "you" didnt think she might not have been helped with "kind hands" maybe you should have accompanied her? As for the gift certificates, if one was lost im sure if you had talked to a Manager not a "tech" you could have been helped in a more proficent way. (In NO way am I saying technicians, lab or doctors office <depending on state>, do not offer great customer service to our patients/customers)

• Tk
                      tkirkpatrick May 09, 2009

I do feel for your mother, but no company just randomly replaces lost gift certificates. They are to be used as cash for services rendered. If they did replace them that way..imagine how many others would be "losing" them.

• Ho
                      horsebreaker Mar 09, 2009

A disgusting company to be sure .
                      They scam folks, The employees are depressed or
                      criminal when you complain about the service after you have paid they
                      look at you as if you are the person that made a mistake, they are right
                      my mistake was going to LensCrafters in the first place.

Lens Crafters Santa Fe, New Mexicoerror by lens crafters re: account

I purchased two sets of eyeglasses at the above business. Unbeknownst to me, they opened up a Lenscrafters Account and charged part of my purchase to the account.
                    Subsequently, they turned the bill over to GE Collections service, which was sending invoices to the wrong name and address. In addition, when my Social Security number is entered by GE, another person's name is shown. I am having trouble clearing up my credit history and am greatly concerned that my social security number has been compromised.
                    Please help with any suggestions for resolution.
                    Christine Naranjo [protected]@windstream.net

• Ga
                        gator kat Mar 24, 2009

I wholeheartedly agree--Lenscrafters has gone downhill--way downhill in the past few years. Here is my experience in Albuquerque, NM.

It did come to mind that perhaps this woman's I am superior to you, nasty demeanor was an attempt to cover up some shortcomings such as maybe she just isn't "supervisor" material at all, and maybe she should not be employed in the customer service sector.

Lenscrafters — fraud and cheating

LensCrafters sucks----that is the lesson to be learned here. My husband has been working for LensCrafters for...

Lenscrafterscrappy customer service

I purchased glasses from LensCrafters. After 8 months one of the nose pads broke off the frame. I was told they were unfixable and I needed to buy a new frame. After I paid for the frame, I was told I could take it to a jewelery repair shop and have it welded. But of course that was only at "temporary" fix. A week later I went back to inquire about my new frame. Lo and behold, it is now no longer available. So, I could now have the pleasure of purchasing a different frame AND new lenses for 50% off. HUH? So my $600 overpriced glasses are now going to cost me another $400. I do not have $1000 to spend on one pair of glasses that lasted only 8 months. They wanted to charge me $219 for a new frame, and of course at 50% off it came to $116. Then it would be another $300 for new lenses at their 50% off. I came home and found the exact same frame that they say is no longer available on a website for $113 with FREE shipping. So I guess now I can see why they can offer a 50% off replacement for the first year. Everything is marked up 100%. You know the company selling the frame for $113 is still making money, so LensCrafters is not losing a single penny by making you buy a replacement for their crappy shoddy frames. Not to mention that the frame from the website comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Where is that at LensCrafters? Just one more tidbit of information they conceal to make more money. I am now looking into the possibility of a class action suit against them. I would have to wonder how many other customers they have ripped off when their frame breaks in the year and suddenly it becomes "unavailable" and now they have to purchase an entire new set of glasses.
                      STAY AWAY FROM THIS RIPOFF STORE!! Tell anyone and everyone their guarantee is worthless!

• Li
                          lizbe Jul 26, 2009

Dude, you broke your glasses. You keep complaining about everything being overpriced, but I find it hard to believe that you couldn't fine a cheaper frame. It sucks that the frame is discontinued from their stock and you had to buy new lenses as well, but honestly, you should take better care of something that's so expensive if you don't want to pay to replace them. Nose pads don't just break off like that unless you're not taking care of them. If your heart was set on the frame you found online, you should have purchased it online and gotten the lenses 50% off. OR you should have asked them to price match the frame with the 50% discount. Either way, they're taking a hit on their profits because YOU broke your glasses.

SuzzieQ Jun 09, 2009

You are dumb-I am uncertain why people cannot take responability for their things! You wore the glasses, you broke them, and now it is suddenly LensCrafters job to replace them? The frames were probably not discontinued from the company who makes them, but LensCrafters may have discontinued them from their stock. Or the company you purchased them from on line purchases frames that are being discontinued and sell them for less. But lets blame someone else for you problems that is easier.

LensCrafters / Transition Lenses — defective transition lenses

I also purchased transition lenses and started to see "smudges" and thought it was just dirt. I cleaned and...

Lens Crafterseye glasses

Had a great exam through their eye doctor chose frames they needed to be sent out. Was told could take 10 days but usually doesn't. Called 7 days later they had a hard time finding my order. Nope not in yet. Called 10 days later lens place didn't have my frames. Maybe friday (15 days later) 10th day called district manager very sorry looking into it. Called me back put a rush on it. wil be here Thursday or Friday (15 days late) Git a call thursday glasses will be in today. Drive 21 miles you guessed it not here. Demanded a refund paid cash. Sorry I don;t have enough monet in the register here's an out of state check. Don't get mad GET EVEN !!! I am filing a complaint with the BBB and complaining to the Attorney Generals Office.

DON'T SHOP THERE THEY RIP YOU OFF !!!Q!!!

• Ni
                            Nikolas T Jan 28, 2011

You're an idiot for asking for a refund in cash. Go somewhere else with that nonsense.

• Ku
                            KUS They Are Crooks Jan 10, 2009

I agree and have my own compaint.

Lenscrafters — rude doctor

Yesterday, i experienced the worst eye exam of my life at lenscrafters. Dr. Rebecca pitt - jackson was so...

Lens Crafterhorrible & rude people

Hi,

Recently I brought a Pair of glases, after 10 days I have decided to change to transitional lens. They have called to replace my lens, But the technician found that glases ordered are not, after that my touble started, The General Manger of Store is very Ride and lack manners. They dont care for customers et all, After their mistake of messup they think giving back credit is a great favour. I said them they are not doing any favour by giving back credit for the work they did not compleate. The GM of store threateaned me and behaved herself in a very un professional manner. I know No body cares these People, How shall we make the top Management of the company Understand, that A customer is a God ..Shame on You Lens crafter

Lenscrafters — terrible experience

I went to LensCrafters to buy a new pair of glasses and they have a 'menu' of different lens type...

Lenscraftersterrible place

First of all, I went in to LensCrafters for them to fix a pair of glasses. Instead of fixing them they broke them so I would buy another pair of glasses. And then over charged me for my lenses. So far every time I have been to the store, I have had poor service and bad quality purchases. I would not recommend going to LensCrafters for anything. Try Site for Sore Eyes or Pearle Vision.

My experience with LensCrafters has been in PA as well as in CA.

6 Responses
                              • Dp
                                DP1518 Nov 29, 2010

You're a terrible person to think that we purposely break customers frames. You've never been on the side of the associate who takes someone 5 year old frames that have seen WAYYYY too much love, and do a small change to them that causes them to break. Trust me, we all feel awful, and to have someone say that we're all scam artists is insulting. Whenever anyone in our store does tweaks to old frames we warn you ahead of time (we were all trained to do this) that they may break.

• Am
                                Amykathryn636 Dec 12, 2009

In response to John's message, stress cracks that happen after five and a half months are caused by customer abuse. Stress cracks that occur because of poor manufacturing (lens was too big for frame) appear at least within 90 days, though usually sooner.

Agree with above!

sigmaguybass May 25, 2009

...So if you don't mind crappy, overpriced, service and products, check out LensCrafters...

Crappy and overpriced service and products, really? Lets disect your statement.

Crappy and overpriced, Untrue-but you say so because you didnt get what you wanted at the price you wanted to pay.

We dont fix glasses so that we can break them and charge our patients because we think the should get another pair.

Im sure you forgot to tell us that when we went to fix them that you were told that "if anything should happen to the frame or lenses that its not our responisability, do to it not being our frame."

Whe you come to Lenscrafters you get a Premium Product @ a premium price @ a premium time. One hour service. You came to LC because you knew we could try to help you.
                                If you go to a car dealer with you car and its making funny noises and ask them to look at it, they do, then it doesnt start You blame them??

I dont understand you logic. Point the blame, that all these message boards seem to do. Learn to have SOME personal accountability.

kk
                                have a nice day.

john turek Dec 01, 2008

My wife went to lens crafters for a secound eye exam purchased glasses and paid over 400.00 5.5 months later the lens have stress crackes one all the way cross her len, thay will replace them at 50% the cost of the lens witch would be 240.00, 2 years ago the same thing happened and thay replaced the lens for free, my lens only lasted about very cheap lens for the cost, i would never go into another lenscrafters again and not recomend them to anyone thay sell scrap.

sin Nov 13, 2008

your a ###. First you recommended someone goes to Site 4 sore eyes. While I agree LC is not a good choice, Site is far worse and talk about scams..yikes.

Second, Pearle Vison is owned by Luxotttica retail, the same company as Lens Crafters

Lens Crafter's Eyewearno customer service

I bought a very expense pair of glasses and first broke and then they replace and the second pair broke and with same issues and they would not do anything about this company ***., I went several times to the store about the same complaint they kept saying do not worry the glasses will be alright then they broke again. Also they accused me of miss using them such I did not I only wore these when I went out for good because of the expense Of buying them such was over 500.00. I think they need to accounted for what they did.

Lenscraftersvery bad customer service

Lens Crappers has very bad customer service!

This is the Oceanside store in California. The staff did not call my husband to tell him that when his glasses came in, they were defected and had to be sent out again. It took 3 weeks to get his glasses. There is bad communication between the so called "staff".

The "manager" named Karla said she would credit my husband’s credit card $50.00 for the inconvenience, but when he went to pick up his glasses she was already gone for the day and did not leave any note of any kind with my husband’s glasses so that the then "manager" Sherry would not credit my Husbands credit card. Sherry said Karla did not tell her anything about the situation and would credit his credit card.

We will never go to Lens Crappers again.

• Ka
                                    Kat Apr 29, 2009

Ms. Moriarty,

It does not matter that you are lucky to have not had all of your lenses crack on you from incorrect cleaning--you should avoid cleaning lenses with dishsoap, Windex, and other chemicals not specifically formulated to be gentle with the special coating you ordered. If you do not want to purchase a cleaner that is meant to be used on glasses, water works fine and use a 100% cotton cloth (not Kleenex.)

Lenscrafters also needs you to leave your glasses so they can make the lenses fit correctly, otherwise they cannot do anything to help you. It is entirely possible to purchase a spare pair without spending $400 at Lenscrafters, and it is entirely possible to purchase a nice inexpensive spare pair at another place while staying with Lenscrafters for a more fashion-conscious pair.

Lastly, Lenscrafters doesn't make the lenses themselves, but just as they work in tandem with companies like Ray-Ban and Prada, the same goes for lenses.

• Ms
                                    Ms. Moriarty Oct 31, 2008

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have I had such problems with glasses. I should have known better. I need invisible progressives. I ordered them with the special coating --I've had many pairs of glasses with the coating on them and never had a problem. Two months after wearing them I noticed pitting or bubbling on one of the lenses. They replaced them. Tried to get me to leave my glasses with them. I don't have $400 to throw around on spare glasses. They tried to get me to purchase their 50% off lenses. Right, like I might make another purchase at Lenscrafters. Now, we're 6 months down the road and the same thing happened again. The manager tried to pin it on me -- must be the way I clean them or care for them. THEN WHY DIDN'T IT HAPPEN TO THE OTHER LENS. Whoever they use to make their lenses should be shot. NEVER WILL I BUY GLASSES HERE AGAIN.