America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Logo

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Having problems with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses?

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Customer Service Contacts

2345 Commerce Ave, Building 2200
Duluth, Georgia
Columbus Office

4265 Diplomacy Dr
Columbus, OH 43228 USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Customer Service. Initial America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. Discuss the issues you have had with America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses Complaints & Reviews

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasseswrong contact prescription

I went to America's Best against my better judgement, having read all of the bad reviews about them online. However, I thought it would be cheaper than an eye doctor since I no longer have vision insurance. Well- not only was the staff very rude but the doctor tried to give me the wrong contact prescription. Even though my eyesight had clearly gotten worse, she tried to give me a prescription less powerful than the one I currently had. Turns out she wasn't even listening to me when she asked me to read the chart. What service right? After paying way too much for a supposed discount exam and all of the extras they foist on you- I was not able to order the contact brand I wanted. Instead, I was given a cheap-o brand that did nothing for me. I had to come back again a week later so they could give me my prescription. They then messed up my prescription order 3 times online. 3xs! I turned around and tried to order from 1800 Contacts instead and it turns out the contacts America's Best told me to get- were recalled by the FDA years ago!! I'm so frustrated, I never want to step foot in that store again but because I paid for a 3 year service plan with them (so stupid of me to get dragged into by their sales team) I now need to go back because my prescription still isn't right and my left eye is all blurry. If the doctor had taken the time to actually give me the correct prescription in the first place I wouldn't be in the mess now. Horrible business!!! It would have been cheaper to go to my local eye doctor

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — poor service and lies.

I bought 2 pair of glasses back in March of this year. The only reason I went there is because I got vision...

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — glasses, extremely poor customer service

In May 2017 I paid $561.00 for two pairs of glasses; almost 10 times what they advertise for; none the le...

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — prescription eyeglasses (progressive)

They implied $69.95, when they should have said &695.95. And then I would have felt about the price of...

America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses — insurance scam?

I went to America's Best in Wyomissing, PA. I was there 90 mins. of which time only 10 mins was committed to...

America's Best Glassesstill wait on glasses that was made wrong

I have been using America's Best in Douglasville Ga. This time I had my
    eye exam and pick out my glasses and the was back in 7 days. I tried
    waring them for a month and was having trouble seeing. So i put my old
    glasses and could see to do parer work on my job. I when back to
    American's Best and the lady at the front desk said I needed to let my
    eye get use the the glasses. I was upset and told I knew something was
    wrong I Knew there was something wrong with the glasses I got a headache
    and could not read with them. He did the eye exam but was not happy
    about it. It did show that the prescription was wrong. I called back in
    8 day and was told they were there. When I got there there was only my
    sun glasses there and a empty case. And was told there other glasses
    would be there Monday. When I got home and tried my sun glasses I don't
    believe that sent the to be fix. My wife called around 11:15 and she
    said the lady that answer the phone said she would check someone else
    came to the phone and said ( Sir I told you Friday we would call you
    when they come in. ) When you pay a business almost 400.00 and only a
    few months ago 398.00 for my grand child glasses. I think it's time to
    fine another place to take our families business to another company. And
    I still don't have my new glasses . I believe your people are having
    some problem with each other. They were not talking nice to each
    other on my first exam. It was I've done more then you and you need to
    get faster This may be what happen the first time but not when I pick
    the sun glasses or called about my other glasses. I just can't
    understand how one pair get back before the other pair. I am truly upset
    with the service. Thank you Steve

Americas Best — not enuf staff

I was placed on hold 3 time today just to find out if what I paid a lot of money for was in. over 1hr of...

Americas Best Contacts and Eyeweardon't use this company!

For the simple reason of not knowing where to turn, I am writing you today regarding the problems that I have encountered with America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses. I feel that I have everything possible in order to find resolve in this situation. Any help that you might give me would be very much appreciated.
      On March 12th I went to America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses located at 19 N.W. Barry Road, Kansas City, Missouri in order to inquire about the purchase of a pair of new eye glasses. After choosing a frame, one of the staff at the store proceeded to do the required services in order to choose the lens and the specifics that I told her that I wanted. I showed the technician the glasses and frame that I was currently wearing and told her that I wanted the same lens type and frame type like those I have, which was is very light weight. I also ordered the anti-glare option along with the transitions type lens which changes from clear to dark when exposed to the light. The total for the glasses was $312.69. The technician informed me that my new glasses would be ready in two weeks. When I went to pick up the new glasses, they were not what I had ordered as the lenses were very heavy and thick. I questioned her about the lens; she replied that I had not ordered the lighter weight glasses. I explained to both she and her manager that at the time I ordered the glasses, I specifically showed the technician what I wanted by showing her the glasses that I was currently using. She assured me that they would be the same type of glasses which was the light weight type. The glasses that she had ordered were standard glasses which are extremely heavy.

The employee told me to wear the glasses to see if I might “get used to them”. I did try to wear them for a couple of weeks, but I was left with daily headaches, facial pain as they were very uncomfortable to wear. I returned to talk to the manager and requested that either the glasses be made correctly as I had originally requested or that they refund me my money so I could go to another provider for my glasses. The manager became very irritated and angry. She told me that the glasses where what I ordered and she would not do anything about the situation. She was very unprofessional in dealing with me, raised her voice and told me to leave the store. I was appalled to think that any customer would be treated as I was treated by this manager, especially when I was referred to Americas by a friend. I then called the National customer service line. After explaining the situation to the, they said that they would charge me an additional $75.00 to correct the problem with the glasses. I told them that I didn’t think it was fair to ask me to pay another $75.00 to correct a problem that they created initially. They brought the additional price down to $35.00. Although I didn’t want to pay the additional charge to do the fact that the Barry Road store made the mistake, so rightfully they should pay the additional fees, the bottom line is that I wanted glasses that wouldn’t cause me the problems that the one’s they made for me were causing. I agreed to the $35.00, as you can see the charge on my credit card statement.

The store called me to say that the new glasses were in. I went to pick the glasses up, however after trying the glasses on, the new pair is still not correct. I have acute headaches when I wear the glasses. I have been back to the store several times in order to correct the problem. However, they put me off telling me that I need to “get used to the glasses”. Now, after returning to the store again, they tell me that there is nothing that can be done as it has been over 30 days and they cannot take the glasses back. I again, explained to them that the glasses were not right, that I still get headaches from wearing them, they refuse to do anything about the situation. The manager who was rude in the previous visits was in the store. I tried to leave the glasses on the counter. She proceeded to pick the glasses up, grabbed my shoulder and shoved them in my shirt pocket saying that if she had to chase my car down she wouldn’t allow the glasses to be left in “her” store! I have never witnessed such behavior from someone who is responsible for a retail operation! I then called the representative while I was in the store, all the while the manager was making comments on the way I talk (I have a slight accent), basically making fun of the way I communicate. She then said, “I know how you treat your customers; I’ve done some research on your company and its practices”. I am a business owner, and I assure you that I would terminate anyone who works for me for talking to a customer in the manner that the manager of Americas talked to me! I felt that I was threatened by this employee, which made me feel very uncomfortable. It was like she has a personal vendetta with me. Her behavior was very strange to say the least. I feel that I have done everything humanly possible to resolve this situation with the store.
      As you can see this has been an ongoing problem since the first day I walked into their store. Again, I tried to return the glasses to the store to no avail as the manager shoved them in my pocket forcefully threatening to chase me out the door, even threatening to chase my vehicle! The glasses that I ordered were never made, instead a pair of glasses that I suppose they chose to make were delivered. I have been more than patient, making numerous trips to the store in order to get this matter rectified. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE wishing to get new glasses!

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassesvery missleading advertising

I like alot of other people were drawn to Americas Best by their wonderful advertising scam. I checked all the small print, looked online, unfortunatly missed this page till after the fact. I made my appointment and wham bam 530.00 dollars latter was rewarded with my two pair of glasses. After it all sank in I cancelled the glasses(320.00 for one pair). the Sunday paper has an add from Vision World, 2/99.00. Thats where I am headed now:. They assured me 69|.95 frames and 99".00 plastic lenses". Single or multi lense, so we'll see". I expect to pay alittle more for lighter lenses;.

America's Best Eye Centerprescribed the wrong prescription for my glasses

The changes in Medicare Part D left me without vision coverage. On a fixed income, I thought I would try America's Best deals. The price was right. Wow, the service was not what I was used to from my eye professionals in the past. When I set up my appointment I requested the package of two pair of bi-focals for $99.99. When I checked into the store, I again mentioned the package in which I was interested. I was told to select two frames for my lenses to be inserted. When I took them to the attendant all sorts of numbers were entered into the register until the total was $216.00! That was a far cry from $99.99! I asked why the amount was more than advertised and was informed that she felt I would like a special lens that was lighter in weight and she added tinting to the lenses. I asked them to remove the added things I did not request and paid. I was then shuffled off into an exam room by a gal who didn't look professional in any sense of the word. I removed my last pair of contacts and looked into the machine. After that portion of the exam, I was presented with a form for me to read and sign if I wanted a more thorough exam that included dilating my pupils. Mind you, I said I removed my contacts and could not read the form and this exam would cost an additional $45.00. I didn't feel I needed that test as money was an object in this decision. I had told that attendant that my prescription for contacts had not changed in over five years. She told me to be sure to mention that to the doctor. I did so when I was taken to see him. I told him my contact prescription. He did his part of the exam and I was sent on my way to wait for the call the glasses were ready. I never got that call. After calling to inquire about my glasses I was told they had been there a while. Thanks for the call. Anyway, there was no one there who knew how to properly fit these glasses for my face. I was sent off with two new pair of glasses that I could not see through and did not sit on my face. I called America's Best when I located the prescriptions from a previous exam. They had used my contact prescription to make the lenses which was quite different from my eye glass prescription. They told me to come back out and a Manager would fit my frames but nothing was said about the incorrect prescription. Anyone need two pairs of -5.50 bifocals? They are of no use to me! I never resolved this problem because they saw no problem. Can't say I could see so clearly, either. That makes me aware there is a big problem.

• Du
              Dudlaken May 29, 2011

America's Bestbad service & info

I had a stye in my eye and called America's Best on 5/22/10 to see first if they had an opthalmologist that could see and treat me. They said yes. So, I made an appointment for the next day. On 5/23/10, I called another vision store to see if they had someone that could treat stye and they indicated the only had an optometrist only and they don't treat medical conditions of the eye. So, I said to myself, let me call back to America's Best to make sure they truly can treat me or not. I wanted to verify. When I called back, the young lady on the line was not sure, she went to verify that the optometrist could treat me instead. She said the optometrist could, so I kept my appointment. Once we arrived, there were several young ladies there standing around and chatting with uniformed workers. I was seen right away, but the gentleman that saw me was rushing me through my visit. I had to slow him down to ask my questions and make sure he was seeing me for my stye, not trying to rush me into contacts or eyeglasses. I did not leave the exam area until I felt comfortable. Then I told him I needed to re-verify if they could take a starter check since I was self pay and did not have my checks nor credit card from my bank yet, he said yeah. So I let them proceed to finish the exams. He sent me to the optometrist, he came out and was sneezing and coughing. He had on gloves and did a more extensive exam and I was happy he did not touch me, but he was rushy too. I asked him what could I do about the stye, he said they just go away on their own, so I kept asking what can I do for relief, he said use a cold compress, I said well others vision care specialist say to use warm, he said, yeah, warm or cold, it doesn't matter. I was pissed at this quack. When I left the exam area, I took an alcohol swipe to wipe my face just so I could try to get any germs he did spread off of my face area. Then, I went out to pay, the young lady I was to pay was busy helping a co-worker, which I did not mind, but she could have excused herself. I noticed the same two ladies were still out in the main lobby area loafing with workers, I did not understand if they were customers or friends just hanging out, but it looked unprofessional. So I proceeded to pay with the starter check and she told me they couldn't take it, I was furious and told her the other gentleman just told me I could pay with it. I said this is why I verify and re-verify things because of madness like this, now what if I didn't have the cash since I am a self pay patient. She said, well, there is your bank right there, I said I don't want to have to leave here, go to the bank and then come back, that's why I asked in the first place. So I gave her the money and stormed out. I will not go back, they are fast talking idiots trying to make quick cash...

• Gh
                GHicks77 Jan 31, 2011

You're an ### who went to an eye doctor because of a stye. That's stupid.

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassescharged more than advertised and exam was pathetic

I went in to America's Best to get an updated pair of glasses with their $69.95 special for 2 pair of glasses and a free exam.

The exam was done in less than 10 minutes, it was so quick and not thorough at all! It was the most ridiculous exam I've ever seen. The doctor was more concerned about her lab coat that she wasn't wearing because she spilled something on it than doing a good eye exam.

I picked out 2 pair of glasses from the designated section and declined the anti-glare coating that she was insisting I get in the hopes of just paying the $69.95. Shortly after I was given a total of $283.00!! I asked what the break-down was on that billing and was told I needed thinner lighter lenses for my prescription and that is what drove up the cost. Over $200.00?? Really?

Such a scam! Would never go back there or ever recommend this place to anyone. Buyer beware. Not as advertised. Go to a reputable place where you will not be scammed.

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassesworst eye doctor ever

First-time at America's Best location in Schaumburg, IL and was I in for a suprise from the front desk to the exam chair! It was such a bad experience that brought tears to my eyes. The worst part was seeing the optometrist (David S.) who was rude. He made inappropriate verbal remarks regarding clients who come only to get "freebies" or for the sake of getting new eyeglasses even though in his opinion are not needed. He assumed the wrong things about me/my visit and was condescending. I wish that no customer gets this kind of treatment for a simple eye exam.

• Oc
                    octopus Apr 30, 2012

I wonder if this is the same doctor I saw for my first eye exam. I went to America's Best because my uncle was paying and he was a cheapskate. The doctor was belittling and insulting and tried to tell me I didn't really need glasses even though I couldn't see the board at school or read street signs! Finally he said "OKAY, I'll write you a prescription for the SMALLEST POSSIBLE correction... does that make you feel better?" I didn't know what to say so I said okay, because he was the doctor... of course the glasses didn't work... America's Best probably gets such bad doctors because they probably don't get paid much and hate their jobs! At least that's the only reason I can think of for experiences like this.

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassescustomer service horrible

Went there today to see what I need to do to get a Rx filled for glasses. Met with some psycho who was listening to me ask the receptionist how much does it cost to get measured for kids glasses as I do not need the "free" exam. She comes charging up saying no we cant do that unless you buy glasses, um o.k. I am in a store selling glasses with a Rx Then they ask are you planing on buying them? Um not anymore I asked how much? Didn't really care if they were free. But apparantly wont let you buy one. If thats Americas best, then I would really hate to see the worst.

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassesworst service ever

America's Best is the worst. The customer service at the 87th Street location in Chicago, Il is by far the worst ever. The doctors do not know what their doing. They do not listen to the customer and then there is the scam of signing documents without being told that there is a fee attached even when being in their so called membership plan. They do not call you when your paid products are in the store. The service ***. They all need to be replaced. I am done with them and I advise everyone I to be done.

ambest Aug 23, 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of the experiences you encountered at one of our locations. We strive to provide all of our customers with excellent customer service. Unfortunately, we failed to meet our goal in your experience. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you may have experienced.

Our doctors are Independent Doctors of Optometry. It is at their discretion on how they treat and evaluate the health of your eyes. Just like all practicing Optometrists, they are board certified by the National Board of Examiners in Optometry.

Our advertised offer is 2 pairs of eyeglasses for $69.95, which include single vision plastic (CR39) lenses, frames from our $49.95 price selection and a free eyeglasses exam. Contact lens exam is additional. A two pair purchase is required to receive the free eye exam. An eye exam is originally $45 without the two pair offer. At America's Best we offer our products at a savings where you will pay less than you would any place else.

All associates allow customers ample time to review documents and ask questions during the entire exam process. If there are any questions regarding the paperwork, please be sure to relay your concerns to the associate or doctor at that time before signing. Our associates are there to help when needed.

Your complaint has been documented and forwarded to the District Manager so that he/she may address this service issue with his/her store personnel.

If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations Department at [protected].

Americas Best Contact and Eyeglassesbad service & product

I went in to America's Best, thinking I was going to get a good deal on a contact prescription, I was WRONG. I should have knew when I first walked in and overheard on of the sales ladies taking advantage of a elderly women, convincing her that her eye's needed $400 glasses. So after waiting for about an hour I saw the Doctor for about 2 minutes, and then said I need to try these contacts and come back in a week for another apt, just to tell her they are ok.

I asked for my prescription when I left and they said I couldn't have it, because I would have to come back in a week after wearing their contacts to order some through them. I went home and found this to be very ILLEGAL, and called them and finally had them send my prescription, only to find out that the brand on the Rx was one of their brands (which I did not want), and when I called to ask them to change the brand on my Rx, they said I would have to come in a pay for another eye exam!!! Please take my advise and do not go here, I don't even think my Rx was accurate, because it was "better" than my last Rx from 4 years ago..hmm.. VERY UNLIKELY!

• Ki
                          kimber_ly Mar 30, 2011

this is not illegal. if your dr is doing his job right you should be fit with cls then come back a week later to make sure the rx is good, lens is not floating, and there is not growth on the lenses. The dr's are following the state board handbook to the tee because if they dont they can be sued.

ambest Aug 18, 2010

Our doctors are Independent Doctors of Optometry. It is at their discretion on how they treat and evaluate the health of your eyes. In many instances, most Doctors require follow up visits to ensure proper fitting of the lenses and to make sure there are no additional issues during the 'week trial' ie. headaches, comfort, etc. Our Doctors are looking out for your best interest in the health of your eyes and often require a follow up visit before releasing prescriptions.

You can easily request a different brand with the Doctor and the Doctor should re-examine your eyes at no additional cost if you want to switch brands. Our contact lens brand is as good as most other brands and at a fraction of the cost.

If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations department at [protected].

Americas Best Contactscheck denied

I have been a patient of Americas Best Contacts at their Washington, D.C. store and their Glen Burnie, MD Store and since 1987 and I have written checks for 23 years. In the last five years due to the age of debit cards I have not written checks, but today I decided to write a check at Americas Best Contacts at the Glen Bunie, Maryland store to buy my contact lenses because I misplaced my debit card. Iwas declined and I was shocked because I am not a crook and I never, ever write checks. So I asked the young sales girl to give me the number to question the allegation of my denial. I called the number [protected] - Equifax. which she had written on a small paper. I dialed the number, immediately from my cell phone and I listened to the recorded message and followed the instructions. I entered my check number to proceed and the recording said something to this effect that I did not meet the ratio to write checks due to identity theft! What in the world does this mean!!!

What is this country coming to! Due to the illegal immigrants, Americans like me and everyone else has to take the grunt of the problems that caused by illegal aliens. I was born in the US and raised in Washington, DC worked for Senators at Washington DC Law firms and I was declined because of the ratio of identify theft. What does this actually mean? Since it was a recorded person I can't ask questions. to a recording. So, inthe future, if I ever want to write a check at an establishment, I will make sure I ask in advance whether the company uses the services of Certegy before I attemp to write a check. This has never happened to me in my entire life. I can not understand this dilemma. I can uderstand their mistrust to ascertain an assumption whether or not I was a con artist or jail bird, or a drug addict desperate to obtain money, but I just paid $100.00 to Americas Best two days ago for my eye exam and the three year membership which was made payable through my bank card and then two days later I am declined by attempting to write a check for a "measley" $71.98!!

I agree with the person who suggested a class action suit against Certfy. I am for this because I could have been out of town and needed to write a check for an emergency and declined. This makes me want to really consult the attorneys that I work for in Washington, D.C.

America's Bestconsumers beware!

I'd like to share my recent and continuing experience with a local store of America's Best.

When I set the appointment, I was told to speak with an employee on the day of the eye exam regarding contacts pricing; I spoke with three, none would provide me with lens pricing, each evading the question.

During a very brief eye exam, one of the least thorough I've ever had in more than 30 years of wearing contacts, I was told my current brand of several years was not prescribed very much any more. (It's still among the leading best sellers, I've since confirmed.) I was offered a pair of contacts to try, without being told what brand they were, pricing, etc.

The employee that checked us out was very rude. I asked about pricing for eyeglasses for my wife. He never looked away from his computer display while I was speaking with him. He seemed upset that we didn't wish to become Club Members, an offer of this business that allows lower cost eye exams and discounts on lens purchases for payment of a $99 fee. All he did was make a motion with his hand as if to show us where the eyeglasses could be found on the walls. Why a grumpy, unmotivated employee is given the responsibility of being the point-of-contact with your customers at time of payment is beyond me.

I phone today, trying to compare prices and determine availability so I would be sufficiently prepared to make an informed decision when I am to return for the follow-up eye exam next week. The first AB employee said he could not give me the prescription information, but did tell me that the lens given to me was "like a store brand". I asked to speak with the eye doctor. After being on hold another AB employee came on the line, said the eye doctor was not available, and she would not divulge to me my prescription, that it was "not finalized". She said I could sue her if she told me this information because of HIPAA laws. I'm the patient. Like any other discussion such as this, she could have asked for information to verify my identity, or allow me to speak with the eye doctor as requested.

I tried to explain that, particularly because I've been unemployed since early '09 our money is very tight, I was simply trying to determine best pricing and availability of my lenses, and that I really wanted to buy the lenses from America's Best, provided they could do better on the lens pricing. Their pricing proved to be extremely high compared to virtually any other business selling contact lenses.

The lens for which I sought information has but one diameter, and two base curves, and is available for a range of powers. All that I needed to know so that I may check for pricing and availability was the base curve for the lenses given to me to try. That's part of my prescription.

There was no movement whatsoever. Essentially I was told I must return to the office, an additional, roughly 25-mile one-way trip that we can't afford, and speak with the eye doctor in person. I was told he may decide to give me a prescription for a lens that is more affordable.

The employee questioned why I would have driven so far in the first place, and I replied that it was because when I set the eye exam appointment with her a few weeks back she said the business would consider meeting or beating pricing from the competition and that I should ask about this on the day of my exam. The pricing for the eye exam therefore made sense at that time. I explained that in addition to my contacts, I'll need a pair of glasses, my wife needs an exam and glasses, etc., and that we'd be interested in keeping all of our business with America's Best if the service and pricing was good.

Asking why there was no interest in moving on the pricing (roughly $10 more per box for the lenses I'm trying, $15 more per box than my current lenses, each if bought elsewhere), why it seemed as if this employee wished to refuse my business, she said she was not refusing my business. But in fact any time I spoke about pricing her response was that if I, like any one else, was not happy with their pricing, I should just buy my lenses elsewhere. That's telling me take-it-or-leave-it. I just can't fathom in this economy a business holding fast to such a policy.

At this point I'm stuck having to incur further expense to drive to-and-from this AB location for the eye doctor to simply provide me with my prescription. I've already paid in full for the eye exam. That prescription should be mine and, because I've paid in full, I believe it already is. I hoped to do business with AB for this contact lens purchase as well as in the future and, as I note, for purchase of glasses. But under these circumstances?

I called AB Customer Service and left a message, but no one bothered to call back. After this pair of lenses, I have none. I need to buy contact lenses and have them shipped to me promptly so that I may see properly, and I'd really like to move forward here rather than be stuck as I am at this point.

This place is a rip-off. Its eye exams are cheap ($69 for contact exam) and how brief and cursory that exam was shows why it's so cheap. But to hold me hostage now, not releasing my prescription so that I may purchase the same lens at a more affordable price -- that's just wrong.

ambest Jul 21, 2010

We strive to provide all of our customers with excellent customer service. Unfortunately, we failed to meet our goal in your experience. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you have experienced with one of our locations. Our doctors are Independent Doctors of Optometry. It is at their discretion on how they treat and evaluate the health of your eyes. In many instances, most Doctors require follow up visits to ensure proper fitting of the lenses and to make sure there are no additional issues during the 'week trial'. Independent Doctors of Optometry are looking out for your best interest in the health of your eyes and often require a follow up visit before releasing prescriptions.
                              If you have any additional concerns, please feel free to contact our Customer Relations department at 800.411.1162.

Americas Best Eyeglassesincompetance

I have been looking into getting new eyeglasses for the past few months, and decided to try Americas Best in Pontiac. The eye exam was rushed through to the point where the doctor was cutting me off in mid sentence. I was very dissapointed to see that their 2 pair for 69.00 deal was for a very basic package, no scratch resistant coating, and no Anti Reflective coating. After picking out 2 pairs (Glasses and Sunglasses) they proceeded to tell me that the tint of my glasses would be very light because of the lens type. There was almost no point in having this tinting on these glasses because it was so light. I have the same lens type in an older pair of sunglasses, same style and options and the lenses were easially twice as dark. They then explained to me that they could not go any darker than what they showed me and I settled for what they showed me.

2 weeks later I call in to see if my glasses had arrived (it being a day or two past the expected date) and they were in. I drove down to the store (over 40 miles), picked up my glasses, put them on and they just didn't seem right. my right eye seemed perfect while my left eye was struggling to focus. The girl said to just try them for a while and see what happens. A few hours and a headache later, I am wearing the glasses and look at something out of the corner of my eye and see that anything other than the center of the lens is a complete blur.

I go back the next day (40 miles to the shop) and they have me go in and see another doctor. He then re-examines my eyes and tells me that my eyes are OVER A DIOPTER OFF FROM THE FIRST EXAM! I ask him how this can happen and he nor anyone else has a clue. Not only are the lenses not right, but neither is my prescription! The new glasses are ordered and I drive 40 miles back home to wait another 2 weeks.

Today I got a call saying that my glasses are in again so I drive down (240 miles total round trip) to try again, and the perscription is now WAY OFF AGAIN! Instead of being blurry, it is now so sharp and over that my eyes can't even focus with the glasses on.

At this point I tell them that this has cost me 240 miles running back and forth and ask for my money back and they submitted to my request without a problem. They even refunded the cost of the eye exam (45.00) because of the long distance that I had to drive. In the end I am out probably $60.00 for all of the gas burned making the 3 trips.

When I was waiting for them to try to look up my current prescription (perfect pair of glasses from D.O.C when it was still around 7 years ago) A girl was sitting waiting to see the Dr. for a 2nd time for a screw up for contact lenses.

I think I might have better luck mixing and matching broken glass bottles to look through than getting a pair of glasses from this company. Don't be fooled by their low prices! They can probably be considered America's Best Con Artists!

• Gr
                                Greatday Aug 26, 2016

I went to the MCDONOUGH, Ga. location on 4/14/11 and the staff was very unprofessional. I wanted to change my eyes glass order. The staff became upset and now everybody customer in their knew why I was their. One customer joined in on the discussion. I asked do you have a Hippa policy in placed and they stated yes but it was obvious it was not being followed. Staff shouted my refund amount across the room for another worker on another computer to do the credit. Long as I was purchasing their was not a problem but change your mind their is drama. I was thinking surely I am not he first person to change my order. I called on 4/28/11 to inquire about the status of my eyeglasses. The worker stated they were completed on 4/25/11 and they are being shipped from the lab. I asked were are the labs she stated they have two labs in foreign countries. When I see the company name you think American made. I will never return to this store to unknowingly support foreign companies. We desperately need the jobs in the U.S. I am sure we have the knowledge and capability to cut some plastic to put in lens.

Americas Best Contacts Eyeglassespoor customer service

I recently had an appointment at the America's Best in Blaine, MN. I was very disappointed in their service. I had an appoinment at 2, and had to wait until 3 to get my eyes checked finally. When I went in for the initial check to measure my eye and so on, it was disgusting that on the machine was leftover cleaner and my chin was wet with it. At least they clean it right? After I saw the doctor, I had to wait at least another half hour until anyone came over to give me my perscription and order my contacts. She was waiting on a man and after she was done with him, she went and shuffled some papers and put the glasses display back on the shelf and I felt like she could have done that after she had waited on me because she knew I was sitting there waiting. After all of this, they shipped my contact order to the wrong address. I had specifically told them that I needed it shipped to a different address and wrote it down for them and they still got it wrong. Never will go back here again. They seem very unprofessional and uncaring.

• Hi
                                  hillguy1 Apr 24, 2012

I haven't had bad customer service but I have bought glasses from America's Best twice and both times I have to keep paying the local eye glass store 5.00 over and over to replace the screws as they keep falling out. They do seem to be a kind of low class operation and one eye Dr. had an attitude like I was bothering him to get my eyes checked. I plan to contact the company if I can find the information and complain even though I feel it will do no good.