LA Fitness / unethical practice

LA Fitness - It's always overbooked and can not get the court time, can not get on the machines, and locker rooms are small. I had membership for several years and I wanted to freeze the membership to avoid paying the initiation fee, again. LA Fitness is charging me $25 per 3 months and if I unfreeze before three months is up. They will charge me to unfreeze the membership. So, I am cancelling my membership and I going to send email to all my friends to follow me and cancel the membership with LA fitness. One word to describe them, "thieves".

Va

Comments

• Ju
      7th of Feb, 2009

Depending on your monthly dues amount, it may or may not behoove you to freeze...for the most part, if you were to not be able to use the gym for 3 months, unless your dues are $8.33 per month, which is highly unlikely, you will save $.

You are not "charged" to unfreeze...by paying $25, you may be frozen UP TO 3 billing cycles. Should you decide to end the freeze and begin using the club prior to the freeze ending date, then that billing cycle would be pro-rated.