LA Fitnesslocker room robbery

T

Beware of being robbed. My Locker was broken into in a matter of minutes after I went to the pool. The door to the locker was forced opened and my wallet was stolen. Three other guys lockers were broken into at the same time. This had to be a team job and no one from LA Fitness saw or heard anything!

There were at least 5 LA Fitness employees at the from desk and no one had any idea of what happened.

I can't believe that LA Fitness doesn't take some responsibility to protect members. I feel scared to go back to this club. To get in you need a electronic id so doesn't mean this was done by members.

• Si
    SimplyKerri Apr 20, 2012

I just came home from a work out at my local LA Fitness in Tucson, AZ only to find that all of my money and some of my credit cards were missing from my wallet which was locked in my purse inside of my locker. How is this possible that someone can gain access to my locker while the lock is still in place? I was only at the gym maybe 5 minutes when I began feeling as though something wasn't right and decided to go home. I am a single mom who is out of work and this was all the money that I had! I am SO upset! LA Fitness says that there was no way that this could have happened but I know differently. When I called to cancel my credit cards they had already been used! Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks

• Th
    the unknown 1 Jul 28, 2011

Well, i am a just a person who enjoys to go to the gym. When just today at around 9-10 pm my shorts with my home keys and wallet and car keys inside were taken. So were 3 to 4 other guys' belongings. When the police arrived they gave me the details that there had been 7 lockers forced open 2 cars vandalized 1 car stolen and several wallets taken. I just wonder that if they had been having a robbery problem all day in the locker rooms then they would at least have one or 2 male employees inside the locker room and securing that the objects do not get taken. If this continues I am just going to have to take my workout to bally or 24 hour fitness.

• Ti
    Tidjelabine Mar 22, 2010

on 3/16/2010 someone broke into my locker at the new LA fitness in Boca Raton and stole all my belongings. They stole my car keys with which they opened the truck to my car then stole my laptop and wallet. It took 30 minutes for them to get steal my belongings and drive to super target (10 miles away) and purchase $800 worth of merchandise using my credit cards.
    Watch out - this has got to be an inside job.

not_one_to_complain_but Sep 11, 2009

My Lock was cut and wallet was stolen at the Roosevelt& Canal LA Fitness in Chicago, Yesterday September 10, 2009!! I could have sworn one of the Staff members/manager's ask the employee who filled out my incident report "If it was that serious", when i asked to file the incident report so i can go to the police and make an official Report. Why would the LA Fitness staff undermine anything happenning to its members? It really makes me weary of how you're treated as a member. I know it's not good to leave any valuables anywhere, but with that much traffic going in and out of one of the busiest gym's in Chicago, it's really scary! I'm sure i'm not the only one this has happened too!

I'm not blaming anyone i'm just appalled at how under the carpet they tried to make this out to be, not calling authorities in to report it themselves, not monitoring locker rooms, and simply brushing their shoulders off.

• Dj
    DJ Sep 29, 2008

My locker was just broken into last week. I was lucky. I don't keep my wallet or any valuables in my locker. They did get my clothes. (If I hadn't been swimming I would have had to leave there with nothing but a towel)
    I don't care about the monitary value of what was taken from me. Gym bag and clothes inside were maybe worth $100. It is just a nuisance and I would like to kick the butts of the punks that stole my stuff.
    Hope they liked the sweaty underwear.

• Ry
    ry Sep 12, 2008

this just happened to me yesterday. Nobody seems to know a thing. They also are telling me that they don't want to reimburse me for the money that was in my wallet

• To