Kohls / late fee 25 day billing

1 CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8604603939

I think this is a very unfair practice. It is just another way to get a $29.00 late fee out of millions of customers. They day I called it took a very long time to get through I can imagine how many customers were complaining. My payment was due approx the 9th of each and every month, I pay my bill on line so I do pay around the 5th or 6th ...when I went to pay it was already late and they said it was due on the 3rd... go figure. Needless to say they will be losing me as a customer

Ra

Comments

• Du
      5th of Jun, 2009

dont just asume that because your payment is usually the 9th every single month is the same say. for example if your payment for january was february 10 the payment for february might be may 7 because feb has 28 days and your payment is every 25 days. the next payment would be apr 1st etc

• St
      20th of Sep, 2009

Alot of credit card companies have 25 day billing cycles. This information was given to you when you signed up for the account. This is why it is important to read your credit card agreements.

Did you try calling the credit company and asking them to remove the late fee? They will usually remove it for an honest mistake like yours.

If you don't want to wait for credit customer service to answer your call you can always call from any local Kohl's store. They have a phone in the customer service area that is a direct line to the credit company so that you don't have to wait. Also, the customer service assoicate can call on your behalf if you do not wish to deal with a representative over the phone, they just need your lisence, SSN and Kohl's card.

Did you know that you can also pay your Kohl's card payment at any register in the store? You can even pay right after you use your card so that you don't have to worry about paying the bill later. You can also pay online and even set up payments 45 days in advance on the website.

We really do try to make every effort to make your experience at Kohl's a pleasant one, but we cannot help you if you don't tell us that you are upset.

• Ke
      25th of Nov, 2009

My November statement was due 11/21/09. My on-line payment cleared on 11/20/09. On my December statement I was charged a $25 late fee. When I called Kohl's they told me they changed my statement due date to 11/19/09 and I was one day late. Supervisor Peggy, TK82150 told me they can change my statement due date any time they want too and without any notification.