Complaints & Reviews

knife has scratch on blade and displayed wear

Horrible Shady Company. Beware !!

I purchased a Knife from Direct Knife Sales online.
I called them to get tracking information and they said that they mailed it to me, which they did not. It was only when I emailed them that I wanted to cancel the order, that they provided tracking. When I received my order, the box was partially open and there was no paper work or warranty information.
The Knife showed wear on the blade and a scratch. I contacted the Direct Knife Sales and explained the problem and that I wanted to return the Knife for a full refund. They emailed me back and said that they don't sell used Knives, and that the Knife I purchase was a "Conversion Knife", what ever that means. This wasn't stated on their website at the time of purchase. The also sent me a link which stated their refund policy. "There is a 25% restocking fee for all non defective returns and we do not return the shipping cost ".

It's cheaper for me just o keep the Knife. I Do Not Recommend this company.

Was sent the wrong product

I ordered a knife from Lightning OTF dba Direct Knife Sales April 11th 2016. I contacted them thru their...

Service and Quality

I made the mistake of buying from this company, owned and run by Richard Keeton (I don't care if I spelled his name right) and I have ti say it's the worst experience with buying things online that I've ever had. I ordered AND PAYED FOR two knives on Thursday the 10th, didn't hear anything for TWO WHOLE WEEKS, and then got an email from him saying that one of the products I ordered was now out of stock. IT WASN'T OUT OF STOCK WHEN I ORDERED IT DUMBA**. So he sent me a different knife, which didn't even ship until two days later, and then got them and (they're butterfly knives) within the first minute of flipping one of them TWO of the screws fell out, and I almost got badly cut. DO NOT order from this website. I waited 3 WEEKS to get the WRONG thing to have it BREAK. Sorry not sorry for being so mad but I'll never do business with him again.

steve is the man Jul 03, 2017

I use direct knife sales all the time and have never had any problems. If you buy something cheap what are you to expect? Where was your knife made? Why didn't you ask for a refund and why did you wait so long? Your comment sounds BOGUS. For those of you looking for a great deal on a knife, direct knife sales is the place to go. I would say they are the best place on the internet to get a knife.

Jorge Toro Jul 17, 2017

I ordered a knife the first time and had no problems 2 weeks later I ordered a second knife and never received my order, this [censor] is refusing to send me the product I paid for or give me a refund...I will never buy or sell this [censor] anything...

9400111699000534534118 usps

9400111699000997645765 usps

Marc Ribaudo Sep 09, 2017

@direct knife sales Anyone could make those up. Cheat and let. I wouldn't buy off you if you ever after observing your website and replies you cheat. You have knives on your website legitimate places haven't carried in years.

direct knife sales Jul 20, 2017

both your items were delivered! We have the tracking for both orders showing they were delivered!

Marc Ribaudo Sep 09, 2017

@direct knife sales Your either suckin Steve off or are him. Phoney.

Merchandise never received & No reply from vendor.

Same complaint - "Merchandise never received & No reply from vendor". On 09/03/11 Mr. Richard Keeton of Direct Knife Sales (directknifesales.com) received a credit card payment for items ordered on his site. All attempts to contact Mr. Keeton/directknifesales.com have been unsuccessful. I would be extremely hesitant to conduct any type of business transaction with either him or the Direct Knife Sales company.

steve is the man Jul 03, 2017

Your complaint is complete crap. I use direct knife sales all the time and don't ever have those issues. Your comment is completely BOGUS!

never recieved order

I bought a knife from direct knife sales months ago i havent gottin it yet i have called and no one will answer the phone or return my phone calls. I have gotten really tired of this it was supposed to be a gift for my son for his birthday and it never showed up i am so disapointed because my son really wanted it and i sent my money out to get this knife and cant afford to by something else right now..Thanks Direct Knife Sales for ruining my sons birthday...

• Re
    REBECCA Sharp Jun 15, 2014

They keep.on showing the knife, all you have to do is shipping and handling, I've done it twice no knife, rip off. Scam.

steve is the man Jul 03, 2017

Your comment is complete crap! I use direct knife sales all the time and never have these problems. You [censor] need to stop slandering companies online for no reason. They are one of the BEST PLACEs online to buy a knife you idiot!

No/slow delivery of product

As per their shipping policy: "most orders are sent out within 24-72 hours of payment. All orders take about...

merchandise not recieved,no reply from vender.

I purchased a knife from these people on Jan-11/2010.I have not recieved it yet.I am in Canada but have never had a problem with either Canadian or Us postal delivery.I have made several(lots) of purchases this way and always received my merchandise.I tried phoning them and no reply, all I got was an answering machine.I e-Mailed them inquiring if they had indeed shipped it and same thing!No reply!The total for the order was $54.99 and I would like at least for them to ship me another knife, or a refund.I am [protected]@Cogeco.ca, or I can be reached at [protected].Thank you.

• Je
    Jethro321 Nov 10, 2011

• Je
    Jethro321 Nov 10, 2011

Thanks CC. Already done...

steve is the man Jul 03, 2017

If you look on their site you will notice they don't ship outside the usa. Learn how to use the internet or stay off of it. I use direct knife sales all the time and have had no problems at all. YOUR COMMENTS ARE BOGUS!

Defectuve Product, refused to exchange

I purchased a butterfly knife from Direct Knife Sales, which is apparently owned and operated by Richard Keeton, to give to my son as a birthday present. After my son received it, he told me it is defective. Mr. Keeton refused to allow me to return or exchange it, citing the company's five-day return policy, which is buried in their shipping terms page.

That page on their web site also says, 'we check our knives before they go out the door for imperfections. We do guarantee our knives. if you have any problems with them just let us know and we will fix the problem.'

They must not have checked this knife, or at least not well enough to discover the problem, and they certainly did NOT fix the problem. Here are the email exchanges over this:

9/3/08:
Richard,
Hi, we bought this butterfly knife as a birthday gift for our son. He tells us that it is defective (the blade sticks in one of the handles, exposing the sharp side of the blade, and not moving freely out of that handle, making it dangerous for the type of tricks or exercises he likes to do.

Can we return it for another knife? He says he'd also prefer one with a shorter blade, like 3.5 or 4 inches.
Thanks.

9/4/08:
our return policy is that you can return your knife as long as its within 5 days of you recieving it. thank you

9/4/08:
Well, it has obviously been more than five days, since we bought it well in advance of our son's birthday.
Are you saying we're out of luck even though you shipped us a defective knive?

It's not a case of just changing our mind. You'd be able to see the problem with this one right away, and we'd be willing to trade for a different one.

9/5/08:
if its past 5 days of you receiving it, then we cannot help you on that. you should have known within those 5 days if it was good or not. we have to keep our policy for everyone not just the few. thank you

9/5/08:
Richard,
You set the policy, and the fact that you set your policy with such an arbitrarily short return deadline (far shorter than any reasonable retail standard), even in cases of defective merchandise, obviously allows you to sell defective merchandise, keep the money, and then tell the innocent customer/victim, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, that's just our policy.'

Practices like that are what give online merchants a bad name, and it says a lot about your character.

Denver, Colorado
U.S.A.

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 11, 2009

If you paid w/you credit card, the seller doesn't have a case. Defective merchandise voids he return/refund policy. If you sent it back because of buyers remorse the seller would have a case, but not in the case of defective merchandise. Send back the knife and get a tracking #. In the mean time dispute the charge w/you card co.
    I see that your complaint is from 2 yrs ago. So if you haven't done what I advised you of above, you pretty much don't have a leg to stand on, by now your case is too old. but you'll know better next time.

• Kn
    knifecollector Apr 18, 2011

I tried to buy a butterfly knife and a switch blade knife then at the end of the process it says order failed but it made the charge to my card. Am i getting my stuff? Then i tried logging in and it says i do not have an account. Whats going on??

direct knife sales Jul 20, 2017

@knifecollector thats because your card was no good. we only keep records from people who have orders that processed.

Disappointed man Mar 21, 2012

I ordered 12 out the front knives from this company which were supposed to come with sheaths. There were no sheathes in my order. After a month of trying to get ahold of someone to talk to me I have given up and will never order anything from them again. I would warn anyone who wants to order a knive that there are a lot of reputable companies to order from and this isn't one of them. After they get your money they don't care about you. Order your knife from somewhere else. I am a knife seller and had a lot of business In mind, but there lack of service ruined that for me and them.

John Handyside Feb 13, 2016

Great communication fast shipping! Helped me find a difficult to find out of stock item in less than a week, I couldn't ask for more, excellent shopping experience!

steve is the man Jul 03, 2017

I have been buying from this company for years and never had any problems. If I got a bad knife I sent it back and got what I payed for. I wouldn't listen to the negatives on this site. I think its one of the best knife companies online. Its listed on their site as to the conditions and when you order you admit to those conditions. The people making negative comments need to re look at their position and what they are saying or stay off the internet if they don't know how to use it correctly. Stop slandering a great company for your mistakes or how you think it should be run. GROW UP PEOPLE!

• De
    defectivealot Feb 25, 2018

HE SENT ME DEFECTIVE KNIVES.

deceitful business practice

Placed an order in January. After six weeks, I received the wrong products. When I went on-line to view my order, it had been deleted, a practice, they said, was done every three months. They gold me to return the merchandise and would re-ship and compensate me for the shipping. That day, they went up on the price of my original product, refused to pay for my return shipping, and charged me a restocking fee. Sent several emails and made calls, which no one answered. Finally received a refund, but they deducted the original shipping charges, plus charged me a restocking fee on the knives that I did not order. Since they deleted my original order information, I could not confirm it. It appears, by looking at their "out of stock" items, that the company is going out of business and are trying to unload their unwanted stock on customers.

ken mabie Apr 22, 2009

they charged me twice and for one product, they also deleted my account information 1 day after i placed an order which i made another account ( they said there was a problem with billing info when i originally placed an order ) i recived an email for the original order saying it was cancled when i tried to log in my account was deleted, i made a second account and tried to re-order the same product, when i checked my bank statement online, i had been charged twice on the same day, no tracking numbers, or anything, seems very shady, product still hasent arrived, i am going to call my bank and have the second charge disputed

ken mabie Apr 23, 2009

i called rnk today ( april 23, 2009 and talked with a man there, he said that there was an accidental double charge and was willing to work the issue out with me, i told him that if i were to recive a second order as my first ( i was double charged for the same product twice) that i would be fine with that as well, i recived the first order today and i am satisfied with the purchase, i will update you with the second transaction i am holding off on calling my bank to dispute for the time being, the man i spoke to seemed nice and willing to work things out in a helpful way

ken mabie Apr 27, 2009

yesterday april 26th, 2009 i recived my package and i did get what i paid for the gentleman i spoke with on the phone was more than willing to make a refund when i spoke with him, but i just told him, that i would be happy reciving what i paid for which was 2 otf knives, which i recived in a prompt manner, good people to buy from, slight billing error on either my end ( hitting a refresh when i should have waited or on their end being to quick deleting accounts) either or i got what i paid for in a fast and prompt manner good company got what was shown, product wasnt misrepresented at all, would and wil buy from again

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices