Kohl's / Unauthorized charges

I called Kohl's collections department because they left a message for me to call. I was told that I owed 14.36 for a charge made in February. I never received a statement for the charge. I was told I signed up for paperless statement and I must of received it, however I did not. Kohls told me they reported this to the credit bureaus and I had to write a letter to get this removed maybe from my record. I am 57 years old and never have had a bill I did not pay by the due date. This was a insult to me and feel they are tring to hurt my credit rating for 14.36. I wrote a letter and hope it clears my record, as for Kohl's I would not step foot in a Kohls Store ever again.I would never recommend Kohl's to anyone. I was treated very poorly, I do not feel they can inform the credit bureaus I did not pay a bill when I never recieved a statement.

Vi

Comments

13th of Aug, 2009

An unknown perpetrator has accessed my personal account information and has been making charges, whether in the stores, or thru access of a credit card is unknown. This charges are being made in my name, and this is my statement that I, Mary A Charrier, do not have a Kohl's charge, have not applied for a Kohl's charge, and will NOT be responsible to paying any such charges accumulated in my name, address, or social security number. A fraud alert has been placed with the three major credit reporting bureaus. Date of this posting, 8-13-09.

• Ke
      28th of May, 2010

If you really never made this purchase then call the FRAUD dept at kohls and they take care of all of that. Now, I'm assuming you did make this purchase and you just FORGOT. No one's fault, but your own. If you make a purchase and don't recieve a statement, wouldnt you call and ask like any other responsible adult who understands bills, for another bill? This situation is no one's fault, but YOURS, DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES and learn your lesson.