Kmart.com / unauthorized charges!

1 TX, United States Review updated:

In oct 2007 I purchased products from kmart.com and on 1/11/2007 my debit card was double charged again. (I was double charged in oct) over the last 9 days I have talked to over 20 people in customer service and at the corporate office, with no resolution. I was told on 1/11 that kmart.com was aware of the computer error that caused several customers to have their credit cards charged accidentally, I have yet to see any type of resolution. The charging of my card has caused me to have many overdraft charges and returned check fees. I was told by a supervisor by the name of ruben that kmart was not responsible for the overdraft charges. However, the overdraft charges are a direct result of the unauthorized charge on my debit card.

Not to mention that the table that I bought in oct came missing a piece and after fighting to get the piece for 4 weeks and finally being told that kmart.com does not have replacement parts, I was forced to take the table to kmart store 45 minutes away. Then in the middle of december the missing piece shows up at my front door.

Ab

Comments

28th of Jan, 2008

They are horrible! I am currently dealing with them on $1500 worth of overcharges! What makes it worse is that I don't even have the products! I ordered tables for a restaurant we were opening and only got 2 of 18 that I ordered. They charged me for 18!!!

Mandy CAmpbell
    Weston Grill
    westongrill@charterinternet.com

• Na
      6th of Feb, 2008

At least you were overcharged for orders you actually PLACED -- kmart.com charged a credit card I had previously used only in a physcial kmart store, for an online order I never even made.

After one month, I still don't have my money back (again, for a non-existent order).

I have sent hard copy letters to the head of the SHC audit committee and to their Ethics office, and have filed complaints with the State's Attorney, FTC and the BBB.

This is outright fraud and theft, and everyone out there should be checking their bank statements if they've ever used a card anywhere at kmart.

7th of Mar, 2009

I have called and talked to the store clerk and Manager to pick up shopping cart that has been being shuffled back and forth from the Apartments (that are located behind my house where it originated from)to the end of my private property. The manager assured me they would pick it up each time I called them. This has been ongoing for 2 months. I realize these shopping carts are expensive, but it seems they don't care. Well I would like some kind of results TODAY for someone to pick it up from my property and take it back to your store.
    Which is across town.

The location is 100 block of EL PORTAL AND VIRGINIA ST. next to the apartments on my lawn. I realize this happends but when I do the right thing in calling the manager in your store to pick it up I would like results.
    I would like an response as soon as you resolve this.
    Thank you Jeanette4210@yahoo.com

• Bo
      17th of Sep, 2012

On Sept. 13, 2012 I went to Kmart.com to pay on my layaway. Apparently the web site was having issues and kept showing the payment screen. I thought that maybe I had entered my debit card number incorrectly, so I proceed to use my other (checking) debit card. Now supposedly I was only making a $10 payment but somehow Kmart.com sent 10 transactions of $10 payments plus 9 transactions of $1 payments (total of $109.00 hold on my account) all for a $10 (ten dollar) payment. I get on the phone today ( I received an email concerning this problem from Kmart.com explaining that all transactions for that day were cancelled and that they are correcting the problem), and spent all day with continued calls from my bank and the number that the email said I could call to remedy this problem. After I had been hung up on three times and had spoken to several people and supervisors, I was informed that even though this problem was THEIRS, concerning the web site, I had to call MY bank and have them send a fax stating that these holds were still affecting my account because of Kmart error. After I had them (my bank) send the fax, I was informed ( via call back to Kmart customer service... YES, I called them, NOT them calling me, with NO resolutions ) my other bank called me and asked if I had authorized Kmart.com to debit my account for 4 payments TODAY!!! I stated to my bank, "NO, I did NOT", SO I filed a fraud claim against them! NOW, I have to WAIT 5 ( I do mean, FIVE ) business days before this other matter (supposedly) WILL be RESOLVED...(I PRAY!!!) and will be able to use MY MONEY that they put a hold on. I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!! :0)