Kmart / bad customer service

1 VA, United States Review updated:

I went online to Kmart.com a week ago to look for a video game and was told it was out of stock and that I could sign up for a notification when it was back in stock. Signed up and received an email a few days later. Within 1hr of receiving email that it was back in stock I ordered online along with a few other items. Then a few hours later I was told that the item was in stock and my order for that item was canceled, but not the other items. I immediately called Kmart, within only 3hrs of the order being placed originally, and they told me that it was too late and that the other items would ship.

I am being told now that I have no choice but to try to catch the UPS man or if they leave the package to contact them and have it returned. This is going to cost me time and potentially money if I have to take the package to the UPS facility. It is ridiculous.

Comments

• Va
      11th of Aug, 2008

This complaint is regarding my return of damaged merchandise from Order Number #10057915 of November 14, 2007. I have not been issued a refund from the item I returned via UPS on November 20, 2007 and I was told that I would have to wait until a "research request" was processed (10 days) then it would be issued (3-5 days).

I spoke with a manager, Angela (993451) on the phone January 10, 2008 and I've never been treated so badly by a customer service representative in all of my life. Here's an example: Angela said that it showed that a credit was issued, when I asked her when that credit was issued she firmly said "Do not interrupt me, mam". She told me that the credit was issued on December 3rd, I explained that I called to follow up on my refund on that day and I was sent a return receipt on that day stating it would take 30 more days. I assume that Kmart doesn't record its customer service calls as the employees are free to treat customers so rudely.

I then asked her if she could send me an email confirmation that the research request was made, she said �I don't know what good that will do". Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the KMART phone customer service. I've never had to wait this long for a refund for damaged merchandise and I still have no resolution. In addition, I was treated badly.

I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. I�m a loyal customer and I hope to remain one. I am due a refund of $141.20.

10th of Nov, 2008

I stopped at Kmart after work to get a few needed items and ended up spending $58 total. My cashier handed memy receiopt along with a Kmart store coupon which reminded me of the coupon that I just remembered I had from a visit before. The coupon was for $5 off $50 or more and had to be used by Nov. 15, 2008. Since today is Nov. 10, I knew that I wouldn't be back to use it in that short timespan so I went to the customer service desk with my purchases and receipt and asked if I could use this coupon and that I had forgotten about it until I was already rung up...she just said..."Nope...you'll just have to come back and use it by the 15th". I felt like a crook for even asking...she was so rude and her name is Barb Livingston.

• Lo
      21st of Sep, 2012

Puedo limpiar los pisos de esta tienda una una de las chicas que trabaja allí me ha hablado como un perro, que no entiendo muy bien Inglés, pero la forma en que ella me habló esta mañana era degradante, ella trata a alguien que es latino como si no soporto a la gente de color ella una a la otra señora no sé su nombre, pero ella es lady corto mayor, Carol no voy a olvidar que la había etiqueta con su nombre en no todos los latinos son uhhh mudo

• Ki
      21st of Sep, 2012

Why order online STUPID? If you are not lazy like most consumers go to the store and buy the product in person.