KFC South Africa / service / quantity
On Saturday 03 January 2009, I've stopped at the KFC in Ladybrand to purchase lunch. My order was a three-piece, coleslaw and mash and gravy.
I have requested that I do NOT want a breast portion, but rather two thighs and a drumstick. I was told I can NOT order like this and I must take what they serve, which in this case would have been a wing, a thigh and a drumstick. Apparently, a thigh is considered a large portion. Should I wish to have two thighs and a drumstick, they will have to sell this to me individually at a higher price. I took the two thighs and drumstick, at the higher charged price, only to discover that the thighs are as small as the drumstick.
Trying to reason with the cashier was obviously a waist of time as she was NOT interested in listening to my complaint. So, I ended up having three small portions of chicken at the higher price.
The medium size mash potatoes I have ordered ended up being 80% sauce and 20% mash, which unfortunately, I only discovered when I got to my Hotel room in Lesotho (Maseru).
What happened a) to customer service and b) value for money? I found this totally unacceptable and hope to receive an explanation for this. Why is it that I MUST be charged extra for the chicken thighs which ends up being the same size as a drumstick? The same apply to the mash and gravy, which was literally only gravy.
I have to add in saying that I was still hungry after having had my lunch.
I trust you see this in the same light and with the same urgency as I do and I hope to hear from you soonest.
More KFC South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- KFC - South Africa - service was so terrible! 
- KFC Canada - poor customer service 
- KFC - waiting time
- KFC Malaysia - poor credit card payment service 
- KFC In Cyprus Limassol 9 - take advantage of employees 
- KFC Papanui, Christchurch, NZ - service
- Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] - poor quality food and service.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] - refused service 
- Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] - burnt chicken 
- Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC] - service/restaurant cleanliness