KFC / pest infestation

1 Mellor Brook, Preston New Road, BlackburnUnited Kingdom Review updated:

As a regular customer of Kentucky Fried Chicken, I made an exit on my way to Preston with my girlfriend to Samlesbury K F C, Mellor Brook, for something to eat.
The queue was tailing out the entrance door but we decided to stick to it as we know the satisfying meals always hit the spot as well as the great taste.
Finally we got to the end of the line and started ordering.
"A Fully Loaded Meal...!"
Just as we continued our order, an ant crawled across the counter which the assistant saw and immediatly asked, " How many did you just see?"
This happened as he squashed the ant with his finger. He didn't clean his hands afterwards either.
My girlfriend was nearly sick and replied that this wasn't the first time she had seen ants in the premises as well as overloaded bins that retched the place out.
The assistant told us he should inform pest control. We took our takeaway and exited the establishment. My girlfriend and I ate the food as we just paid over eight pound for the meals and had waited just over three quarters of an hour. Later on, my girlfriend has had to succumb to the comfort of the sofa as the queasiness of thinking about the cleanliness of the KFC sickened her to the stomach!
An appointment to our local GP will be urgently made to check on the health of ourselves in case court proceedings against yourselves occur.
As a former Quality Controller in a meat production factory and a Basic Food Hygiene certificate holder, as well as a level 2a holder, pest control should already be in order. Environmental Health will be also informed, mainly due to the fact that my partner is pregnant and has not been able to stomach the thought of having any sort of chicken from now on. If any contamination transported via the food as a carrier which will have resulted in ANY HARM towards the health of myself, my partner or my unborn child will be acted upon through my solicitor and further if necessary.
Please deem these written actions serious,

Yours

Oliver Duckworth

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008

Dear Mr Duckworth,
    I'm a reporter for the Lancashire Evening Post.
    Please can you send me an email at chris.visser@lep.co.uk and I can investigate this for you.
    Regards,
    Chris

• Ro
      5th of Aug, 2008

Dear Mr Duckworth
    We are the management of the Restaurant and we would be more than happy to discuss your complaint. In order for us to do so please email the best telephone number to contact you on and your preferred time of day.
    Kind regards