Kenmore model 4783 wall over / Heating element fire
Another Kenmore oven heating element fire. We have the Kenmore 4783 wall oven, installed about a year ago, the oven is close to two years old.
Same story - when heating at 350 degrees, the heater element failed and caught fire. My wife was in the kitchen and turned off the oven right away and the flames went out after a few seconds. Having read all of the complaints on this site, I worry about simply repairing and replacing the heating element as it seems to recur for some people. Not sure if this is related, but the oven has always cooked about 15 degrees low. For something that requires 350, we've had to cook at 365.
More Kenmore model 4783 wall over Complaints & Reviews
- Kenmore Oven - Beware! Don't burn your house! 
- Kenmore / Power Miser - Sears's faulty product 
- Kenmore Refrigerator - Kenmore Refrigerator causes house fire 
- Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator - No cold air in freezer 
- Kenmore Elite Dishwasher - Do not buy Kenmore products! 
- Kenmore - kenmore elite washer
- Kenmore - double oven
- Kenmore - wait time/ broken speaker
- Kenmore - top loading washing machine
- Kenmore - 500 series does not clean clothes