Kenmore / ice maker

1 2700 WInslow Ave.Helena, MT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 406-227-8546

I purchased a Kenmore Fridge with Icemaker 5 years ago and the Ice maker quit making ice just after the one year warranty was up, so being technically inclined I diagnosed the problem myself and found the wire going to the cutoff protector had broken due to the positioning in the ice maker, ordered the part, a thermo cutoff protector part # 3206319, installed it and it worked fine for just about another year or so. Then, same failure due to the positioning of the part, the frail wire broke again, same spot. Ordered another one and installed it and it lasted about 6 months same failure again. Just decided to buypass the darn thing and it worked ok till recently, now the feed to the ice tray wont shut off and it flooded my freezer compartment! So now after paying for the darn thing twice with the $150 cost for a new Ice maker, I will never consider any Kenmore products if I have to purchase or replace an appliance again. Same issue with a Kenmore dish washer, failed just after the warranty-some wireing burned up inside the door and had to fumigate my house from the burned wiring smell.
VERY DISSATISFIED Kenmore customer
Jeff Hanson, Helena, MT

Comments

• Se
      24th of May, 2011

To Dallasmt,

I understand your frustration with your Kenmore appliances and apologize that they both failed. We want you to know that we value you as a Sears customer. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com and provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Refrigerator and/or Dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Dallasmt) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H