Juniper Bank / Rip off

Juniper is the credit card for Frontier Airlines frequent flier. I have made many complaints to Frontier and Juniper to no avail about how bad the bank, credit card, and treatment is from Juniper or Barclays as they are now. Customer service is rude as are the supervisors which for sure reflects upper management. Some of their tricks are to label a payment "nonconforming" so that it is handled longer and therefore generates late fees and interest; transfer you to their headquarters customer service which is no better than regular customer service; mail statements first class that take 10 days to reach someone and then any reverse USPS mailing also first class takes another 10 days on a 21 day grace period---guess what happens every time--late fees and interest. When you pay on transactions without "their" envelope it's a non-conforming payment. When you pay without an official printed statement returned to them, it's a non-conforming payment. I finally canceled my card and my peace of mind has tripled. I will never ever work with Barclays or Juniper.

Va

Comments

• Va
      24th of Nov, 2008

I cannot believe the conversation I just had with Gary, one of the so called relationship managers with Juniper Bank. Guess what? THIS RELATIONSHIP IS OVER! Because I mistakenly sent them my September payment, on time by the way, in an amount that was $5 (that's five dollars) less than the correct amount, this company not only charged me a $39 late payment fee, they also raised my already obscene interest rate to an even higher obscene rate! 26.99% APR. Now here's the best part... are you ready... for October I sent them a $5000 payment, on record before I spoke with Gary, think that had any bearing? NO WAY! They still raised my APR. I've never been late, always paid the minimum, often paid more. Obviously Barclays is not interested in a happy and satisfied customer, angry and upset is OK as long as they pay. Well, not this customer. I have cut up my card, and will be sending the pieces to their executive management, and paying off the remaining balance of my account.

18th of Mar, 2009

I have had a similar experience with Juniper. Introductory interest rate of 8.99%...all is well for several years...I making all payments on time, early or complete payoff. One time in January 90 I am 2 days late with TWO payments, and Juniper jacks my interest rate to 26.99% (!!!), and charges me a 39.00 late fee. I have a balance on this card that I will pay off in 1-2 months, then I will never do business with them again. I will then spend a good deal of my time crusading on message boards about the illegal and unethical practices of Juniper/Barclays. I will do as I told them I would - I will cost them many times more money than they have extracted from me through the power of the Internet. TELLO EVERYONE ABOUT THIS AND FIRE JUNIPER.

GOOD RIDDANCE Juniper/Barclays.