Jpmorgan Chase / negative business practices

Chase Bank
I have been a Chase credit card customer for the past year and have been prompt in paying my bills to ensure that I do not pay “late fees” or “interest on balances”. I have had some past issues with the receipt of my credit card statements and have resorted to using monthly Outlook reminders to pay my credit card bills.

The usual due-date on this card around 23rd and 24th of the month. Imagine my shock when I logged to pay my bill today (21 April 2009) and to find out that Chase has sneakily shifted my payment due date to 20th of April – effectively charging me $39 as late fees. I called Chase’s customer service number to get an explanation. I spoke to one of their customer service representatives, April, who was ignorant, rude and argumentative. She was adamant that the late fees were valid because it was my fault and that Chase would not reverse any late fees regardless of the reasons. I was outraged with this plain day-light robbery and asked to speak to her supervisor. She transferred me to a supervisor, John. John was equally as useless as he sounded like he was reading a script and he gave me the usual policy nonsensical explanation that it is Chase’s policy to not reverse late fees (regardless of the reason). It cannot be the customers fault when Chase revises the customer’s payment due date without informing the customer in advance.

At any rate, after a few choice words, I had John cancel my Chase affiliated credit card. It is appalling to see a multinational financial service organization like JP Morgan Chase stooping to such underhand tactics to make $39 from a customer. It is also unacceptable that Chase would have such a sub-standard customer service team, without an ounce customer service ability in their approach.

It is interesting to see that in times where some financial giants have fallen to the wayside, that Chase has chosen this way to make a quick buck by robbing and alienating their customers and as a consequence send them to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citigroup. I do not forsee Chase surviving past the decade if they keep us these negative business practices without any consideration for their customers.

N  19th of Apr, 2010 by
I am in complete agreement with the other posts about the customer service at Chase. I called to speak with a representative in the US today regarding my credit card, and was told that there was no specific number I could be transferred to in the US. They said I would have to keep calling back until I got routed to the US. Are you serious?!!! They were lying too because I've been transferred before. I attempted calling 3 times and got India twice and the Philippines once.

I tried to speak with one of the representatives in India, but he spoke to me as if I was an idiot. I give up. I guess Chase really doesn't care if it's customers are being taken care of or not. I've never had such horrific service from any other credit card! Once my card is paid I will never do business with Chase again in any way. I'm completely fed up!

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank