Jpmorgan Chase / negative business practices
I have been a Chase credit card customer for the past year and have been prompt in paying my bills to ensure that I do not pay “late fees” or “interest on balances”. I have had some past issues with the receipt of my credit card statements and have resorted to using monthly Outlook reminders to pay my credit card bills.
The usual due-date on this card around 23rd and 24th of the month. Imagine my shock when I logged to pay my bill today (21 April 2009) and to find out that Chase has sneakily shifted my payment due date to 20th of April – effectively charging me $39 as late fees. I called Chase’s customer service number to get an explanation. I spoke to one of their customer service representatives, April, who was ignorant, rude and argumentative. She was adamant that the late fees were valid because it was my fault and that Chase would not reverse any late fees regardless of the reasons. I was outraged with this plain day-light robbery and asked to speak to her supervisor. She transferred me to a supervisor, John. John was equally as useless as he sounded like he was reading a script and he gave me the usual policy nonsensical explanation that it is Chase’s policy to not reverse late fees (regardless of the reason). It cannot be the customers fault when Chase revises the customer’s payment due date without informing the customer in advance.
At any rate, after a few choice words, I had John cancel my Chase affiliated credit card. It is appalling to see a multinational financial service organization like JP Morgan Chase stooping to such underhand tactics to make $39 from a customer. It is also unacceptable that Chase would have such a sub-standard customer service team, without an ounce customer service ability in their approach.
It is interesting to see that in times where some financial giants have fallen to the wayside, that Chase has chosen this way to make a quick buck by robbing and alienating their customers and as a consequence send them to Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citigroup. I do not forsee Chase surviving past the decade if they keep us these negative business practices without any consideration for their customers.
More Jpmorgan Chase Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - refusing to refund life savings
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - international financial services (ifs)
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase business checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - check deposit bank/teller rules
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - $25000 missing wire