JPMorgan Chase Bank / refusal to release money from deceased father's account
Dealing with Chase Legal Department has been a fraught with lack of communication, delays, incompetencies, incusable for a major financial institution.
My father died on May 28, 2016. I have been trying, without success, to have the balance of $20, 000.00 in his checking/savings account transferred to his surviving spouse.
My parents were married 63 years! My mother is 87 years old and suffers from dementia and has severe mobility problems. The cost of caregiving is astronomical! Knowing he had very little time left, my dad worked hard to ensure my mother would be safe and secure in the house they shared for decades. He took out a reverse mortgage. My parents were far from wealthy and, at one time, qualified for Medi-Cal's meals on wheels.
In June 2016, I went to a Chase branch office. Produced death certificate, bank statements, power of attorney. No response. I finally retained the services of an attorney. In August 2016, legal documents and demand for release were submitted. Chase responded with delay tactics such as duplicate requests for documents previously provided, and as recently as a month ago, proof that I, in fact, authorized legal representation!
How unethical! How unconscionable! How abhorrent!
More JPMorgan Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - $25, ooo. ooo. oo misconduct, consumer fraud complaints filed in federal court
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - business checking accounts and term loan
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - account fraud
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - constant atm issues/unable to reach someone at my branch
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud claim denied