JCPenney / jcp.com / disappointed & frustrated

On March 9th, I placed an online order and realized it was submitted and not given an opportunity to cancel and resubmit. I contacted JCP.com to inform them of error with order, incorrect address and coupon was not applied and told on multiple occasions that they cannot adjust, cancel or redirect order. As the customer, I was told that I would need to wait to receive tracking number and contact UPS to change address. If address was within my zip code the cost is zero and if outside then I would need to pay the difference. Additional option, take items to store and return then reorder which is challenging as most items ordered were "online only" item which means I cannot exchange in the store.

According to multiple JCP agents, that the systems is not set-up to permit changes and there is nothing they could do but apologize. I spoke to two supervisors, transferred to credit card service to cancel charge to card and not able to assist because of separate entities. I spoke to a few managers and told I needed to call within 2 minutes of order which I did and the previous supervisors were adamant that nothing could be done. Upon disclosing that my call occurred within two minutes manager, states "it's not that I don't believe you but its too late to change/cancel order".

What's frustrating/disappointing is the fact that no one cared, showed compassion, default answer is/was "NO" and provided an option for me to manage my order. No one offered, volunteered, cared and had the phone hung up and/or directed to complete service survey on my multiple times. There was gentleman within credit cards services and woman within the fraud department that were genuine in expressing their sincere apologies. THAT's IT!

My daughter is due to have my grandbaby any day and excited with knowing that the items would be delivered directly to her but due to an error and numerous attempts to resolve has turned from a loving/exciting moment into a nightmare. All I wanted to do was simple, cancel, reorder same items and update address.

I am a huge JCPenney's fan over 30+ years of shopping and always refer my family and friends, however; at this time I feel tainted and no longer care to utilize the store as my go to and/or referral as well.

Dd