Jc Penney Oakland Mall Troy MI / 3 trips to curtain department - salesperson not on staff

Troy, MI, US Review updated:

I went to the drapery department on 3 separate visits in the last week. Today (11/14/12) I was told that the salesperson starts work at 1:00 p.m. There were no managers or other salesclerks that could be reached for help. Inventory is at bare minimum. I ended up buying from Kohl"s. They made my $120.00 in sales since a clerk was able to get what I needed from the back. With the other people looking at JCP while I was there, I can see JCP going under because they do not have sales people to support the various department needs. They are loosing alot of $$$$$! It is too bad because I will not bother with JCP again. This is the first time I shopped there since years ago when someone took my credit card information and started making purchases from the JCP catalog from another state. JCP was very rude to me while I was trying to deal with the fraud. JCP better start operating smart.

Comments

• Ra
      Nov 14, 2012

JCP is on its way out mostly because it is a midprice store that traditionally sold mid to high quality goods which are no longer available except for very high prices so this company no longer has a niche in the market. They are trying to sell third world made junk for mid market prices but you can get the same junk for cheaper.. Too bad. It once was a place to purchase qualtiry goods for reasonable prices. Its not their fault...the US and other developed countries no longer manufacture clothing household goods or furniture. Its just too expensive for them to do so.