JC Penney Family Awards program / unauthorized charges to my credit card

JC Penney
When I had my granddaughters' pictures taken in early January, I evidently was automatically signed up for this family awards program without my knowledge or consent. On my next credit card bill, I had a charge (which I can't remember the amount and since I get paperless billing, I can't look at a statement to find out) for my membership in family awards. When I called JCP, they told me I had to call the family awards contacts myself to get the charge removed from my account. I did - to date I have not had a credit applied to my credit card account. Today I checked my account online and there is a charge thru the JCP portrait studio of $39.25 on 7/14. I haven't purchased anything - including portraits - from JCP in July. I suspect I have been charged once again for a program that I never signed up for. I have sent an email to JCP for an explanation of this charge.

N  18th of May, 2010 by
I have worked for a JCP portrait Studio now for 3 years and have never heard off anything called the "family awards program" It must be a JCP thing as it is not through the portait sudio which is actually run by lifetouch not Jcpenney. You may want to change your card number as it seems someone may have gotten a hold of your JCP card to make the unauthorized charges.

I did some research online for you and it seems it is a fund is usually started up over phone or internet purchases made with the JCP card the fund than goes toward future JCP store purchases here is a link with a number to unsubscribe yourself from that service /URL removed/

Hope this helps and that you keep visiting the portrait studio, while you can pay for your purchase with a jcp card we have no access to what they can charge you and you always pay the studio, with cash or check if you are worried about your card.

JC Penney Company Logo JC Penney Company