Jackson Hewitt / false advertising
I went to go apply for the advance loan and I was approved. However there is a catch to it. You don't get the loan all at once which was my purpose for applying for the loan. It took them 3 hours to file my taxes in which when I did my own it took 30 mins. When it came time to put the money on the card, the system would not let them enter the card so that I could get my loan. Also because it goes on an walmart egift card you can only use the card at walmart. Also if you have the loan direct deposit to your account, you don't qualify for the 50.00 gift card. I will not be going back to them and I will continue to do my own taxes through TaxHawk where you only pay 14.00 for your state. Federal is free.
Updated by Lisa0579, Dec 31, 2016
Also you don't get the other half until you bring in your W2 form in which you might as well wait until you file your taxes to get your return. The fees are ridiculous.
More Jackson Hewitt Complaints & Reviews
- Jackson Hewitt - scam 
- Jackson Hewitt - poor training of employees 
- Jackson Hewitt - scam and cheating
- Jackson Hewitt - income tax 
- Jackson Hewitt - customer service
- Jackson Hewitt - tax service
- Jackson Hewitt - taxes
- Jackson Hewitt - overcharged for return
- Jackson Hewitt - charged me over $500.00 for screwing my taxes up 
- Jackson Hewitt - worst tax place ever