[Resolved] Intelius Subscription / unauthorized cc deduction

Another ripoff/scam. I have disputed this $19.95 charge with my cresit card company. This is a disgrace!

Resolution statement

Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

If you need billing assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 27, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Ra

Comments

Gi
  7th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have disputed this $19.95 charge with my credit card company every month.

Ch
  9th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

The same thing was done to me. I did not sign up for their on going service and found that they are taking money from my account. The information they supplied me on my request for a party was wrong. Not even the right name. RIP OFF>

Pa
  14th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have also disputed this $19.95 charge with my bank. I did not sign up for the on going service and i would like to have it terminated. It's truly a rip off.

Li
  18th of Oct, 2008

Charged my account $19.95 a month without my knowledge.

Ch
  20th of Oct, 2008

didnt sign up for it and want my credit card reinburse.

Ma
  25th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i do not want this, i dont even know what it is. please do not take any more money from my credit card

He
  27th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i hate the program never used it and dont understand why u keep trying to take 20.00 out

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION NOW AND EMAIL ME ASAP
I DONT WANT ANYMORE MONEY TOOK OUT for this stupid program i have never used

An
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Yes, same thing happening here. This is a terrible situation and completely fraudulent. They did not make anyone aware of a 19.95 monthly charge.

Ly
  1st of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I was under the impression that this was a one time only - one day only use. This is a rip off scam!!! I have been being charges $19.95/month also, how do these people get away with ripping people off???

To
  2nd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

if you took a minute to read fine print you probably would understand why you are being charged. be more observant and make sure you read the policy and terms of service. why do you think they ask for your credit card info to begin with. come on people.

Sa
  10th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Well we thought they were asking for our credit card numbers because it is suppossed to be a one time charge of $2.95 to locate someone if you only have a phone number. They have been charging my credit card for months and I am still having a time trying to get it resolved. Tom English may be you should get off your high horse and quit acting like this is everyone else that has caused this problem and not Intelius.

Pe
  15th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

what the hell is this ### i did not sign up for this ### and they are taking 19.95 out of my account

La
  18th of Nov, 2008

Charged 19.95 a month without my authorization. Two payments have been taken out and I have canceled my credit card to stop this in the future. I'm requesting my money back or I will dispute it with the bank to get this money back

Ea
  18th of Nov, 2008

INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD $19.95 WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION HOW CAN I STOP THIS WITHOUT CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD ??

Cj
  23rd of Nov, 2008

I had applied for a trial subscription for Identity Protect through Intelius. I had cancelled the Identity Protect and still received a charge for 19.99 the following month for the Identity Protect subscription. I will also be cancelling my credit card so I avoid any further unauthorized transactions through Intelius.

Tm
  3rd of Jan, 2009

Has anyone figured out how to stop unauthorized deductions by Intelius without having to cancel your credit card?

Qu
  7th of Jan, 2009

all you ever have to do is read the terms and conditions of the site and you will understand better

Em
  8th of Jan, 2009

Go through your bank. Thats what I did. They put a dispute in and take the money back off of them as its unauthorized.

An
  16th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I too got taken for a ride by these thieves. I am registering a dispute and a complaint with the BBB.

These clowns are a pack of thieves. luckily I paid my $1.00 for the info I wanted using a paypal generated secure card that should have only been allowed to be used once. It is canceled easily.

No more money for you scamming slime balls...

Ka
  16th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

MY agreement stipulated there would be a monthly fee of $9.95 for all my transactions, or $1 per transaction. There was NOTHING about a $20 monthly fee, I was not notified, etc. Have you noticed their site has been down? Off and on for the last few days I can't access my account, maybe so I won't see the fee? But I have it set up so each transaction comes to my cell phone so I already knew...