[Resolved] Intelius / Ap9 Privacy Matters / unauthorized charges!

NH, United States Review updated:
A company I dealt with online (intelius.com), somehow scammed me into buying a service from ap9
Privacy matters outfit.http://privacymattersid.privacymatters-program.com/

They charged me $19.95 for a service I never heard of, never authorized. the woman I spoke to at ap9, carla, said that intelius does this to try to get new customers for her company... she is sorry and they will credit my account $19.95 within 2 business days.

Do not use intelius for people searches. they are scammers!

Resolution statement

Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Mi

Comments

Co
  21st of Mar, 2008
I agree with you- the same thing happened to me! Intelius is not trustworthy at all. This is my first (and hopefully last) time being scammed online!

-Mary
Pu
  28th of May, 2008
100% agreed. These two "companies" are in league with one another, scamming from hard-working people. See my complaint under 'PM Identity / Intelius' for a more detailed account. I am disputing the $60 they took in fradulent charges and will pursue any and all other avenues to give them what they deserve, which is NOT free money. Do NOT use Intelius, you will regret it as well as PAY for it.
Ba
  31st of May, 2008
Totally true. this is bad. the "survey" promises $10 back. there is no mention made (at least noticeable mention made) that they'll start billing you 19.95 per month under a nother company name.

Do NOT use Intelius!

Stay away.
An
  15th of Jul, 2008
There were five unauthorized charges to my account within 30 days period totalling to more than $100.00 .

I do not know what kind of 24-hour credit monitoring they have but when I tried to call, I was not able to reach a single live person. I spent countless hours for a whole month trying to cancel my subsription by emailing and calling, but was unsuccessful. After a month of unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issues, I finally switch my tactics to getting in touch with AP9 privacy matters, the name of the company that was charging my account to cancel my accounts andwas lucky enough to get my money back.

It was a very unpleasant experience since they offer no explaination as to what happens or apologize for making unauthorized charges. INTELIUS/AP9 PRIVACY MATTERS is a SCAM.

Intelius Logo Intelius