Hyundai / problem was initially misdiagnosed

1 United States

On Friday the 2nd October I explained to the service consultant that the central locking (locking function) doesn’t always work (intermittently) and that the demister was also faulty. The consultant phoned me later the day and quoted me R544 for the repair of the central locking and followed with another call for the repair of the demister. (Total R1443 – demister and central locking). I was informed that the parts needed to be ordered and that I should return my vehicle on Tuesday 6 October. Upon collecting my vehicle on Tuesday, I was informed that the demister is still faulty and that I should take it to an auto electrician, although I was still charged for the demister switch which they replaced. Upon testing the central locking at home – it still didn’t work at times. I returned the vehicle on Thursday 8 October. I was then informed that there was indeed nothing wrong with the demister switch, and that they would credit me for it. I was also told that the “alarm box” is causing the central locking problems and that I will have to replace the box. So the problem was initially misdiagnosed, R 1443 later and neither does the demister switch or the central locking work properly.