Hyundai / fraud & theft on a warranty claim

1 South Africa

I had a warranty claim that was approved:
It was agreed with the dealer, that I would take the car in to have all the things that were rusted, replaced, when I had a gap at work

When I called in december, to make an appointment, I was told all the parts had been sold and fitted on other cars, it has now taken them 3 months to come back with this reply:

Good day cecily

I have spoken to warranty manager and this is the feedback from her. She mentioned that there are a few appointments that you did not adhere to. The rust on the tow bar, bulbar and bolts are not covered by warranty due to the fact that it is accessories and you have to take it up with the dealer.

She cannot comment on the fact that you mentioned that ruan and the guys at hyundai culemborg sold your stuff and that you mentioned it is fraud.

The vehicle is out of warranty and unless there are proof that the dealers never took care of the rust on the brakes, then there is nothing more that she can do.

According to the service history available from the system the rust, related to the brakes has never been mentioned.

Heleen smit
Hyundai customer care service agent
138 van riebeek avenue
Edenvale 1609
[protected] (Tel no)
[protected] (Tel no)
[protected] (Fax to e-mail)

This was the letter I posted on their complaints again in jan:

Monday, january 18, 2010

This is an urgent matter:
I would like someone to contact me with regards to a warranty that was approved last year and when I phoned
When I spoke to ruan from paardenisland in august I said I would call him, when I was ready, as I was leaving for jhb, plus the road works would make it impossible because of deadlines for my work commitments for a project, I was and still am working 6-6
When I called at beginning of dec the agent to have the parts fitted he informed me, that he had used the parts on other cars. He said he had left a message on my phone, which is a complete lie, as I don’t have voice mail
Not once did anyone, advise me about dates, or did I ever see or sign that claim
I then went into a dealer, as I am not allowed to make any personal calls at the office, they put me through to the claims department, where they confirmed that in june/july 2009, they had paid out the claim.
I did do another on line email, which you never replied:
If I don’t get any response, I will go to the complaints board, plus the motor board, and show them what this car looks like, with only 41 000 klms
The billbars, I actually paid cash for, and there for ruan, had no right to sell them, or the tow bar. I see this as theft and fraud
Regards
Cecily enslin (Stronge maiden name)
Instrumentation design specialist
Cehj@chevron.com

Cell 27+[protected] / [protected]
Direct +[protected]
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
This was part of that original message, that the claim was approved after an inspection with ruan:

Next complaint’s - very serious

This I did bring to the attention when I took my car in for its 30klms service st your midrand dealer

While I was living in durban, I took my car to umhlanga rocks, because there was a noise coming from the back wheels, mainly first thing in the morning, but because it didn’t make the noise with the technician, and I might add, that he didn’t even bother to put the car up to have a look!!

I noticed that the back wheel drums, brakes, brake calipers were rusting
So when I took the car in, I bought this matter to their attention

On collecting the car, they informed me, that they didn’t have the stuff to clean the rust!!

And nothing had been done about the windscreen!

I moved to cape town, a week later.
The rust has now got really bad, to the stage that it is affecting the braking. The car pulls when I brake.

Yesterday, I noticed that everything on this car is rusting

Exhaust

Tow bar

All the bolts that hold the billbars on

I find this totally unacceptable for a car, that only has 33 000klms, and that cost me r230 000

Apart from the good services, when I purchased the car, every dealership that has had anything to do with this car, has given bad service

My first service at umhlanga rocks, left grease on the seats, and when I complained, they neither apologized or offered to clean them

I have also herd an advert on 94.7, hyundai advertizing that their cars have their own brand of windscreens, apparently stronger than the normal brand.
Very interesting!

I would really appreciate some feed back on the windscreen and especially the rust

Cecily enslin