Hughesnet / taking too much money out of my account

1 AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18663473292

I picked a promo plan where they charge me $79 a nonth for 24 months. $59 for service and 20 for equipment. They took out $479 all at once and overdrew my acct. No one would help me I called 8 times and they told me something different everytime. Would send me to a supervisor. Acted like they couldnt help me

Li

Comments

• Ge
      14th of Jan, 2009

We also took the promo plan at first with GREAT DISSATIFICATION! After talking to a english speaking American sales person, and then a english speaking American set-up person it all was down hill from there. WARNING: DO NOT GIVE HUGESNET YOUR BANK CARD NUMBER, THEY WILL ABUSE IT! They have distroyed our bank account with mutible billings.
    They have shut our service off because of a $ .54 balance and continued billing us on a service that we were not using.
    We have mailed them a money order for $20.00 to cover the .54 balance and then was told by some gook some where that we had to wait seven to ten days for processing even though the did receive the payment. There excuse was that the computerized billing system is set up that way. After threatening to rip this system out and they can pick it up out of our front yard they some how managed to retstore our service. Amazing is'nt it ?
    When contacting billing or tech service we always were speaking to some foreigner who could not speak or understand plain english ( I believe this is to frustrate you a just give up).
    The only plan they have to come close to high speed internet is their ELITE PLAN at $120.00 a month for which we finally had to go with but the our monthly billing jumped to $190.00
    a month plus.
    Some how or some where there must be a federal communication agentcy that can and should investigate this scam!
    We constanly check our usage and find that some how we go over our mega bite consumption even at the hours that our pc is not even on. We took to unplugging the HugesNet modem
    ( there is no on and off switch on it) when we are off line, but still we accumulate mega bite usage.
    In short, HugesNet is not what they advertise, period!
    Where we live we do not have cable service, we've had dial-up but as eveyone knows how slow that is and its worse for us becauce we live in farm country and the old telephone lines
    makes it even worse. Cell phone reception is nil. If there is another satalite system available that is honest and dependable we certainly would like to know of it.